Dear Darling Ones,
I am cranky and finding everything vaguely annoying. When I get overwhelmed about all the things I need to do for work or for continuing my existence I make a list. It helps soothes my anxiety and it makes all the things that loom so large in my head look a little less daunting. In attempt to stop being vaguely annoyed and cranky I’m going to list all the things annoying me.
- I had to buy a grow light because Hugh, my tradescantia zerbina, has decided for unknown reasons he’s going to stop thriving and instead get sickly looking and maybe, possibly die. And also, weirdly, my dining room doesn’t get a lot of sunlight in the spring and summer.
- My client’s shopping cart problem, which I started to complain about on Sunday, still is not fixed. I spent two hours today chatting with tech support and it’s still broken. I told my client I don’t know whether I should be comforted by the fact that the problem is stumping everyone or annoyed. You can guess which direction I went with that one.
- Despite my inability to solve the shopping cart problem I’m really, really annoyed with people treating me like I am stupid. I’m a lot of things, stupid is not one of them.
- Wendell whapped me in the face with his tail about sixteen times while I was zooming with the tea ladies. He has a big butt and a long tail. It hurt.
- I have two meetings the next two days, which is only annoying because they’re first time meetings with people who don’t know me at all and I worry about first impressions because I’m a giant, awkward nerd.
- I used the wrong their/there/they’re in the item above.
- People posting images of long paragraphs of text to instagram. What is that? Get a blog.
- My vacuum won’t hold a charge.
- Ted Hughes, man. Ted Hughes.
Even this list annoys me,