So, Darling Ones,
Still no flower, which is okay. I’m putting my money on that baby bursting forth on March 3rd.
I got a lot on my mind today, as I mentioned in yesterday’s letter, so all I have is a small list of things that delighted me today.
- There are SO MANY donuts in my house right now.
- When I folded and put away the laundry every sock had a mate. All of them. There’s no random sock on top of my dresser waiting for me to find where it’s mate is. They are all happily coupled, so at least something in this joint is.
- I’m obsessed with Lyle Lovett’s song If I had a Boat. I just learned of this song’s existence the other day and now I have to listen to it three or four times a day. Something about the And if I had a boat I’d go out on the ocean, and if I had a pony I’d ride him on my boat makes me grin.
- I spent a lot of time with the warm sun on my face while sitting next to a window that was opened about an inch even though it was only 36º.
- During last night’s Mad Men binge a bearded Stan started to recite Edgar Allan Poe’s “Annabel Lee” and it made me tingly in my sex parts. Beards do it for me. So do men who recite poetry from memory. And somewhere in the space-time continuum 15-year-old me is all, “I KNEW HOT GUYS WOULD LIKE POE” because Poe is her favorite at the moment.
- I made Greek meatballs today which is gonna solve my dinner problem for the next few days.
- Oh! I won a test pressing of Dessa’s record Chime (which I bought the other day because I wasn’t as sad as usual & she was selling signed copies to commemorate the record’s third birthday and also I love Dessa).
- I finished reading Dear Edward, which one of the Tea Ladies recommended. It was very sad and sweet and made me cry a few times.
- Benjamina, the weeping fig, is pushing out new leaves which isn’t as exciting or dramatic as Phyllis blooming, but still makes me happy because I almost lost Benjamina when I replanted her.
- Did I mention the donuts?
That’s all, folks!