Stupid pranks I would play if I were the kind of jackass who liked April Fools’ Day

1. Fake pregnancy announcement
  2. Fake marriage announcement
  3. Fake a stomach cramp and when I was bent over, moaning and wailing, lick my palms. It’s a little childish and stupid, but then, so is April Fools’ Day
  4. Fake withdrawal from the Internet
  5. Embrace the number five with all I’m worth
  6. Fake something else.
  7. Barf

Orange you glad I didn’t do any of that? I detest April Fools’ Day, especially on the Internet. In a space where trust is tenuous at best, it’s just ridiculous to take advantage of that, even if it’s only for a day. Bah humbug, indeed!

1. Lori 01.Apr.10 at 9:25 pm

Fine. Can we at least talk about books? I just finished the Wally Lamb tome that was about 10 years long, and I just started the Amy Bloom collection. The first two short stories were really, really good. I’m excited for the rest and will be disappointed when it’s over.

2. Jodi 01.Apr.10 at 9:29 pm

I haven’t read a Wally Lamb book since I was 24. i got that one about the twins for Christmas whenever it first came out, but never read it. After lugging it around for eons, I just gave it away.

Right now I’m reading Peter Bognanni’s The House of Tomorrow and it went from good to really fucking good just a few chapters ago. I’m totally in love with the book with only 100 pages to go. It better not break my heart.

Amy Bloom is a goddess.

3. Kurtis 01.Apr.10 at 9:46 pm

For the record, Angela really is pregnant.

4. Jodi 01.Apr.10 at 9:50 pm

Kurtis, I only believe you because of the photographic evidence displayed on Facebook. And you announced it long before this awful foolish day.

5. david 02.Apr.10 at 2:49 pm

“a space where trust is tenuous at best” would make a great tagline for a blog.

That Peter Bognanni book surprised me, I didn’t expect to like it.

6. Jodi 02.Apr.10 at 4:08 pm

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed The House of Tomorrow (even with the loosey goosey ending).

7. FS 02.Apr.10 at 4:36 pm

What kind of jackass are you?

8. Jodi 02.Apr.10 at 4:38 pm

the kind who bitches about people who enjoy April Fools’ Day. Duh.

9. Jodi 06.Apr.10 at 11:37 am

Hot dog! Amazon’s got it for $6.