Some really, very important housekeeping items from the management of iwilldare.com

First of all, and this is really very serious and important, if anyone knows anyone who can get me some tickets (or, realistically A TICKET, because I am not above going alone) to the MGD Craft Series with Paul Westerberg at First Ave, not only will I be your BFF, I will supply you with Nutter Butters every week for the rest of your life, or something like that.

Second of all, Sister #4 informed me that for the past year I’ve had no kind of good insurance on the stuff that fills Supergenius HQ and that I am beyond lucky that it wasn’t struck by lightning or anything like that. Apparently, I should listen to her occasionally. Don’t worry, we’re all covered now.

Third of all, it has come to my attention that I really do not like Summer. Down with summer! It’s busy and stressful and hot. Of course today is hot too, but it’s the day after Summer and I’m filled with all kinds of energy and eagerness and anticipation because Fall Rulez!

Fourth of all, you should probably read Joshua Furst’s The Sabotage Cafe, because so far it’s really good. And I want to talk to someone about the unique Point of View he chose.

Fifth of all, there is no five.

Sixth of all, my Advanced Fiction Writing class starts next week and I am all kinds of crazy excited. I am hoping this class will help me wash that bad taste of bullshit poetry out of my mouth.

Seventh of all, I think I might be a little in love with Josh Ritter. There will be more news as these feelings develop.

1. mk 04.Sep.07 at 1:15 pm

I love fall but how sick is it that, knowing how quickly fall comes and goes, I’m already dreading winter?! It’s still 90 degrees out! It’s like wasting your Sunday dreading work on Monday.

(But I do hate snow.)

2. Amanda 04.Sep.07 at 9:34 pm

Holy Crap! Jodi! I just got that book in the mail today because my mom works with his fiancee–and he’s coming to the cities for a reading in not too long. If you’d like to discuss his unique POV with him one-on-one, we can send him an email.

Also…way to jump on loving Josh Ritter like five years late. We’re already married and have a summer home in the south of France, so back the hell off.

Finally…have fun in Advanced Fiction for me. My new job is preventing me from taking it and my heart breaks a little more every day. Fortunately, Josh is around to heal it for me.

3. Jodi 04.Sep.07 at 9:38 pm

Boo! on the no advanced Fiction. Maybe you can join us at Grumpy’s after work/class?

Also, oddly enough, Joshua Furst e-mailed me. Yes, I am that important. Okay, that’s a joke, kind of. He did e-mail me because I wrote something on the Paul Westerberg blog. Peabo and I are gonna go to The Loft reading on the 20th. Are you gonna be there?

And yes, I am late to the Josh Ritter party. But I was busy chasing Carl Newman for years only to be dumped for some slutty blonde.

4. david 05.Sep.07 at 11:07 am

I, too, am in love with Josh Ritter, his songwriting is just too dreamy.

I’ll hit up some PR folks and see if I can get you on the PW guestlist.

5. Jodi 05.Sep.07 at 11:09 am

If you did that, well, I don’t even know what I’d do for you in return. But I know it will involve Nutter Butters.

Maybe I can get Amanda to invite you and I to Josh’s French villa.

6. Peabo 05.Sep.07 at 12:57 pm

Not to do any bubble bursting…god knows I’d never do that!…but adv fic doesn’t start next week; it starts the week after.

And I’m a fan of the whole Ritter family. *smooches*

7. Jodi 05.Sep.07 at 1:03 pm

You’re nothing but a dirty bubble burster. I had convinced myself it was the 12th. Damnit.

8. Peabo 05.Sep.07 at 1:34 pm

What can I say? I’m a teacher; I crush dreams.

9. Calli 06.Sep.07 at 4:02 am

This has nothing to do with this entry, but I won’t let that stop me. Since you and your “hips” song list sprang to mind when I heard this song, I wanted to call your attention to it (if it hasn’t been already): Come on get Higher, by Matt Nathanson