- Bananas, the fruit. I can’t get enough of them and whenever I eat them I think of the main character in The Hotel New Hampshire whose name I cannot remember who eats bananas and runs all the damn time because he wants to be a good wrestler. He does this because the grandpa tells him something like, “You have to get obsessed and stay obsessed.”
- Top Chef, like Project Runway but with knives
- Polly & Peabo
- Dan Chaon & Jean Thompson, because every non-short story book I’ve picked up lately has annoyed the shit out of me. But Chaon’s Fitting Ends and Thompson’s Throws Like a Girl are magical elixirs for what ails you when it comes to novel malaise.
- That damn Jeff Tweedy bootleg that I haven’t stopped listening to since, oh, Saturday. An intervention might be in order. Currently I am rocking the “Who Were You Thinking Of?”
- The random curly-haired, bespectacled boy my imagination created last night during practice.
- Driving home from Grumpy’s full of beer and tator tots with the windows down singing along to the Oldie’s station, especially when they play Hall & Oates’ “Maneater” which seemed like a gift from the radio gods to me and Ruby.
- Our Taste Tests during lunchclub, earlier this week we did Toll-House Chocolate Chip Break and Bake Cookies vs. Ma. Buehler’s Break and Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies (some store brand). Toll-House won, unanimously. Today we are taste testing salsa.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)