now every gambler knows that the secret to surviving is knowing what to throw away

you could crack nuts on the muscles in my neck they are that hard and tense. my goal today is to make it through work and then go home and have not one, not two, but three drinks. that’s right THREE! i am going to have three drinks and they will be good and i will enjoy them. i am so excited. the thought of those drinks, and mike doughty’s voice singing “The Gambler” is what is keeping me from exploding.

1. amy 19.Jul.05 at 4:15 pm

just remember this little drink mantra:

three okay.
    four no way.

2. Damon 19.Jul.05 at 4:19 pm

I downloaded the whole EP last night…basically been replaying it over and over again all day long. (Even woke up to it as my alarm this morning!)

Not only for The Gambler, which is great, but for my favoritest song of all, J-A-N-I-N-E!!!!!!! I drink you up!

3. jodi 19.Jul.05 at 4:23 pm

if i didn’t hate the name janine so much, i’d totally name a kid that because of that awesome song.

4. Damon 19.Jul.05 at 5:26 pm

I don’t hate the name, but since I highly doubt I’ll get to name my child Janine I gave the name to my iPod.

5. jodi 19.Jul.05 at 5:41 pm

i named mine Roland after the SC song “Rolling”

6. Wendy 19.Jul.05 at 7:30 pm

I’m jealous of your three drinks. If I wanted three drinks, all we have here is very old beer.

Have three for me.

7. UH 19.Jul.05 at 9:30 pm

THREE drinks? What ratio are we talking about here? I mean, I usually only have TWO drinks, but they’re mixed at something like a 50-50 ratio in a 44 ounce cup.

8. jodi 19.Jul.05 at 9:34 pm

you simple must remember that i have the alcohol tolerance of a flea and while the idea of getting completely shit faced is appealing, not practical considering i still have to work tomorrow. and i am not drinking out of a 44 ounce cup. no, it’s a nice, reasonably sized glass filled with ice and captain and a some diet coke with lime.