bittersweet me

why in the hell doesn’t anyone want to date me? that’s all i want to know, damnit.

1. Dave 29.Apr.02 at 12:34 pm

Jodi,

If I weren’t married, I’d date you. I love reading your writing, you’re a wonderful writer. I’m sorry that your love life isn’t working out at the moment, but I’m sure it will turn around soon, you’re too great of a person for it not to.

2. tyson 29.Apr.02 at 6:36 pm

have you asked anyone lately?

3. Bink 29.Apr.02 at 7:58 pm

I came to say (that is cute by the way)…f@#! men…I hate to be so brash. Love yourself. Loving someone else is easy, too easy. Yet again you are receiving advice that is always easier said than done. I have a hard time doing this too.

4. Jeffrey 29.Apr.02 at 9:29 pm

You shouldn’t say things like that. I might have to ask you where you live, what your phone number is, etc… ^_^

Simply put, I know how you feel.

5. jodi 30.Apr.02 at 12:09 am

ok, but you haven’t answered. . . why don’t they want to date me?

6. Linsey 30.Apr.02 at 12:42 am

oh, they want to date you…they just have the same fear of rejection as everyone else.

7. Wes 30.Apr.02 at 11:55 am

Ok. We’ve established that at least some people do in fact want to date you. So, the way I see it, it’s probably more like the people YOU want to date don’t want to date you.

Who do you want to date? Do you have requirements? Are they strict? You probably can’t tell for yourself if they’re strict since you meet your own requirements. So get someone to help you. Random people on the internet is a great someone to help you. 🙂

Also, being open, honest, and tall probably has something to do with it. There are fewer guys who like open, honest, tall women than there are guys that like them.

And to bink, I understand why you feel that way, but really, there IS a guy out there you can love. But it does not good to wait for him to come to you. That only works in fairy tales.

Just my $0.02