He has a well-developed palate

Every Wednesday I ask Nolan what he wants for breakfast and he says he wants a Super Muffin or eggs. Since I’ve been slack about the whole grocery shopping thing lately, we’ve been having a lot of eggs. Once I’m done making his eggs and he’s sitting at the table he inevitably asks for some salad with his eggs.

“You’re not eating lettuce with your eggs,” I say.
“But I like salad with my eggs,” he whines.
“Nobody eats salad with their eggs.”

So tonight when I was watching Top Chef and one of the chicks served a poached egg on top of some sort lettuce-y salad I nearly fell out of my chair. I think I owe Nolan an apology.

1. Holtz 29.May.08 at 2:51 am

That was Antonia, I never thought she’d make the final four. Lisa should of gotten the boot with Spike, can’t stand her.

2. shokkou 29.May.08 at 6:46 am

A child, a BOY child WANTS to eat vegetables and you DENY him? You ARE evil. And my friends call me the anti-mom?

3. Jodi 29.May.08 at 10:30 am

Oh, he gets plenty of veggies when at lunch when he eats a salad the side of Rhode Island for lunch. I’m just not chopping veggies before 11 a.m.

Holtz, I am for Stephanie all the way. She’s my fave, though I am afraid that Fauxhawk is gonna win.

4. Ed Kohler 29.May.08 at 11:35 am

Cafe Barbette serves greens with their breakfasts. It’s a bit of a shocker for people used to hash browns. I’m 50:50 on it.

5. Jodi 29.May.08 at 11:36 am

Cafe Supergenius likes to serve Pop Tarts with their breakfast. I am 100% for it.

6. Peabo 29.May.08 at 11:57 am

But how’s his palate?

Sorry….couldn’t resist. You know I never correct anything but the combination of spelling and anatomy was just too much. And I’m bored. And slightly pissed. And ready for 3pm. And I need to get laid.

7. Jodi 29.May.08 at 12:41 pm

Ouch. I was going to look it up last night too, but I got lazy.

8. Danyellie :) 17.Sep.12 at 10:44 am

This is years late but…. I’m with the kiddo on this one. Here’s what I do 🙂

My kids fave is our rendition of Eggs Florentine in the morns…. I start out with some minced garlic (pre-peeled by my 3 year old once or twice a week stored in container in fridge) lightly browned in EVO and then add about 2-4 cups of Spinach. Lightly wilt that and throw your scrambled eggs in there. You can also sprinkle some Fetta or goat cheese crumbles to add even more zeal to his palate, I’ve used Jack and even cottage cheese. <– went light with the cottage though but it made a fluffy texture for the eggs.

You got your scramble on, and your kiddo gets his "Salad" with his eggs <3