How I forgot to dust off the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me Vibe making me the worst creepy fangirl ever

I’ve been so busy working on the Fortress of Solitude that I have totally forgotten to lube up the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe so it was ready to go by Friday when Mike Doughty hits the stage of the Basilica Block Party. I’m so disappointed in myself.

Last time I rocked the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe I managed to magnetically attract Mr. Doughty to the Denny’s in Hudson. This, the Basilica Block Party, was going to be my hour to shine. To prove to the entire world that the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe is real and not just some fairytale pipedream ala Santa or the Tooth Fairy or Social Security for anyone who is not a baby boomer.

I fell apart on the job. I was distracted by gleaming beauty of new bookcases and brown lofts. This is why I’m the worst creepy fangirl on Earth. i just don’t have the attention-span needed to stalk anyone, even if its only in my head.

But fear not darling ones, I have kicked the tires and added a quart of oil and will begin unleashing the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe after work (I just think I should wait, because I don’t want my coworkers to become inappropriately aroused at work because of me).

If you suddenly have the overwhelming desire to have sex with me, don’t worry, it will pass. If you’re rocking the Basilica this weekend and find yourself incomprehensibly drawn to me, feel free to say Hi. I can’t guarantee that I will allow you to Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me, as the vibe is meant for Doughty. I am not the kind of girl, though after a few beers all bets are off*.

*(i’m kidding)
(kinda)

1. wendy 05.Jul.06 at 3:10 pm

are you going both days, or just the day that will require your Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe?

2. jodi 05.Jul.06 at 3:21 pm

Because I am the BEST FRIEND EVER, i will be attending both days of the Basilica. And I say this makes me the BEST FRIEND EVER because I am going to day 2 because I love BFK more than I hate Train.

3. wendy 05.Jul.06 at 3:45 pm

TRAIN IS THE REASON I WANT TO GO!

4. jodi 05.Jul.06 at 3:48 pm

I adore you Wendy, but isn’t your musical taste notorious for being, how should i put this. . . wretched? Where’s Robin, she’ll back me!

Maybe you and BFK can go and have a train-love-a-thon together.

5. wendy 05.Jul.06 at 5:18 pm

Oh, I know! But, you know, I TRY! I saw Soul Asylum this weekend… on purpose, even! That’s gotta score me a point or two.

6. jodi 05.Jul.06 at 5:39 pm

Yes, the SA show does earn you a few points. I was actually pretty impressed that you went.

So are you going to the Basilica or not? Because you can hang out with me and BFK while I try not to vomit through the Train set.

7. wendy 05.Jul.06 at 11:14 pm

I don’t have a ticket yet, but I’m highly thinking I will! So, yeah – I will be there Saturday. For sure. Friday is a super-maybe.

8. jodi 06.Jul.06 at 11:58 am

Well, make sure to look for me. I’ll be the one wincing through Train and wiping the vomit off her chin.