Of all the late-night shitty greasy spoons in all the world, Mike Doughty walked into mine

jodichromeysupergenis & Mike Doughty, well kinda
(wolfdogg took this picture, click to see the ‘notes’)

Listen up all you doubters. Yes, all you who do not believe in the power of my Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me™ Vibe. It works! Well, it kind of works. No, I did not convince Mike Doughty to ravish me using the power of my vibe.

but.
but.
but.

I am convinced that it was the power of the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me vibe that lured el Doughty de las Delectables to the Denny’s in Hudson — where I was partaking in greasy vittles with Wolfdogg and fam.

Yeah, we were sitting there asking the Wolflings what they dug about the Doughty show at UWRF when I saw him walk in with Scrap Livingston and Chuck the soundguy. At about the exact same moment Wolfdogg’s sister said, “Mike Doughty’s here.” I think the entire table let out a collective gasp.

MIKE DOUGHTY WAS AT THE DENNY’S IN HUDSON. god, i hope he ordered the Moons over My Hammy.

See? See that brothers and sisters? That’s the vibe at work. Of all the greasy spoon late-night diners in all the land, he walked into the one I was at (and by all, I mean both the late-night greasy spoon diners in Hudson Wisconsin). If I hadn’t put away the vibe as we were driving off the UWRF campus I’m positive he’d have been eating Moons over My Hammy off my ass.

I was dumbfounded. I immediately picked up my cell phone because I had to tell someone. Wolfdogg said my hands were shaking as I tried to text message Sister #2. It took every single ounce of self-control not to walk over to his table and say something incredibly stupid. Actually, it didn’t take a whole hell of a lot of self-control at all. I would be way too nervous to say anything to him. In fact having him in the same Denny’s so threw me off my game that I never even thought of turning on the Make Sweet Sweet Love to Me vibe.

But, at least I know it’s working. I figure by the time the Basilica Block Party rolls around in July, I’ll have the vibe perfected and Mr. Doughty will be mine!

1. Lori 07.May.06 at 8:54 am

I simply cannot believe you were in the same room with the objective of your obsession (oops I mean affection) and didn’t.even.say.HELLO!?! WTF Jodi? I would’ve stripped to my skivvies and thrown myself across his Moons. What gives, girl? How many ‘change of a lifetimes’ are you expecting? Sheesh. I can’t believe it. [Walks away shaking head in disappointment and disbelief]

2. Placemat 07.May.06 at 11:23 am

I’m with Lori.

Poor guy was drawn to Denny’s by the power of your mind & then…nada!?

I’m gonna hold the Wolf responsible. He should have picked you up & deposited you in Mike’s lap.

3. jodi 07.May.06 at 12:17 pm

Well, Look at it this way. If you had just rocked Madison, Ames, IA, and River Falls, in 3 days, would you want some lame fangirl bugging you while you were trying to eat some Moons over My Hammy or whatever?

I know I wouldn’t. When he walked by our table Wolf’s wife Heather said, “Great show Mike!” He said thanks, but did not stop to chat. I figured that was clue enough to realize he just wasn’t in the mood for fangirls.

4. Placemat 07.May.06 at 12:46 pm

I wouldn’t want a lame fangirl bugging me at any time, no sir.

BUT we’re not talking about a lame fangirl, we are discussing Jodi “Sweet Love to Me vibe” super fangirl! & That makes all the difference.

Still, I can’t be that upset. I would have behaved the same. “Never, ever meet your heros”, that be my motto.

But then, I’ve never wanted to sleep with any of my heros either…

5. jodi 07.May.06 at 12:50 pm

Also, in my defense, The Doughty has a girlfriend and I would not want to be responsible for breaking up a realtionship. Because we all know that I if I were within touching distance, there’s no way, NO WAY he’d have been able to resist me.

6. Mike 07.May.06 at 5:41 pm