who needs sleep?
i think i might have done this once before, but you know? who couldn’t use more musical goodness from supergenius headquarters?
1. The person (or persons) who passed the baton to you.
the totally titillating tantalizing tito
2. Total volume of music files on your computer.
i’m not at my computer right now, i’m on the SSL (super swanky laptop) but i do have the beloved Roland here in my lap and he currently has 5098 songs.
3. The title and artist of the last CD you bought.
Besterberg, Paul Westerberg (but in all fairness before that i got the new mike doughty and the mountain goats, so there!)
4. Song playing at the moment of writing.
in the wee small hours of the morning, frank sinatra
Five songs you have been listening to of late (or all-time favorites, or particularly personally meaningful songs)
well, let’s just see what Roland has to say about this. according to him the first six on my top 25 most played songs are:
1. Since U Been Gone, the cover of the kelly clarkson song by ted leo
2. Ruby, Don’t Take your Love to Town, the cover of the kenny rogers song by cake
3. Unsingable Name, the kickassiest song on Mike Doughty’s “Haughty Melodic”
4. Me and Mia, more Ted Leo goodness
. Into My Arms, Nick Cave and the boatman, this song make me all weak and smooshy inside
6. A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left, Andrew Bird, my new imaginary boyfriend
6. The five people to whom you will ‘pass the musical baton’
first of all i don’t do fives.
second of all, i think everyone else has done this.
third of all, the people i would want to see do this little trick are, in order:
and i think that’s all.