unprepared for life

i am unprepared for life today. really, i’ll count the ways:
1. after having a weird night where i mostly felt bad about myself out of sheer exhaustion i went to sleep at 1 and slept all the way through until about 8:24
2. this of course meant i was gonna be really late for work
3. which lead me to quick get dressed and nearly forget to brush my teeth
4. this being the direct cause of breaking jodicommandment #14 never brush teeth while wearing a shirt
5. you should know
6. now i have a big drooly blob of a toothpaste stain right on the place on your shirt where you can’t hide it
7. also i forgot my book club book
8. and FFJ’s story
9. i want a do over

1. jodi 12.May.04 at 1:55 pm

huh?

2. Thomas 12.May.04 at 2:54 pm

A golf term. Used when the ball is so close to the hole that instead of playing it, your partners simply give it to you. It’s an out, an admission of completion, a “gimme”, as it were.

Shitty days make you appreciate the ones not laced with fecal material.

3. name: 12.May.04 at 3:28 pm

That is not what a mulligan is.

4. Arnie Palmer 12.May.04 at 3:51 pm

Mulligan: permission by a player (forbidden under the rules) to an opponent to replay a misplayed shot.

5. Thomas 12.May.04 at 4:03 pm

I stand corrected. The definition a Mulligan is: “A golf shot not tallied against the score, granted in informal play after a poor shot especially from the tee.”

6. Thomas 12.May.04 at 4:05 pm

I was thinking of a gimme: “A putt that is granted to a fellow player as successfully made either before it is attempted or after it is missed in an informal game of golf.”

7. the TTHM 12.May.04 at 6:12 pm

and I stayed up til 3 watching “the triplets of belleville”. that so rocked. sorry about the toothpaste.

8. dweebie 12.May.04 at 7:31 pm

Mulligan just came up on the Jon Stewart show, not being a golf player, I didn’t know what it was, besides a stew, but my husband said it’s a “do over”, I remember asking a judge for a “do over” and and he granted me one so I could explain what I really wanted a little more articulately, maybe next time I should ask for a mulligan. Jodi, hang your head over the sink so any drops or dribbles slide off your lips and chin to the sink not your shirt, it saves the time of removing your shirt, or have a tissue in hand, pause, wipe, then move on…a fellow dribbler…those white spots really don’t want to come off, as well as that “clear gel” deodorant that turns white on clothing, not your pits.