extinct crushes and getting a death

last night i was bitching to the TTHM (yeah, i know, but if you ever called me, i’d talk about you incessantly) about someone who was bugging me.

“she needs to get a fucking life,” i moaned.
“no,” he said, “she needs to get a fucking death.”

see why i like him?

however, he is dangling perilously close to the extinct crush list. last night i asked him to say something nice about me, this came after like 10 minutes of constant ripping. he couldn’t think of anything.

i know!

nothing. then he came up with the incredibly lame sweet. the only nice thing he could think to say to me was that i was sweet to him.

blech. which then prompted me to launch into the:
“sweet? where do you get off calling me sweet? i am dark and mysterious and i am pissed off.” he didn’t get it.

hrmph.

1. Bonny 05.Sep.03 at 11:30 am

I’m gettin’ kinda bored with the TTHM. NEXT!!!

2. Thomas 05.Sep.03 at 11:42 am

You’re alternatively dark and light; mysterious and predicatble; self-deprecating and conceited. You are, to paraphrase Churchill, “a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma”.

It what makes you a great storyteller, fact and fiction. It’s what makes you a treasured jewel that’s so hard to claim. It’s what makes you hard for even your own self to understand.

I, for one, wouldn’t want to see that change about you, Jodi. You’re perfectly imperfect in a flawed world.

Plus you gots them bo-day-shus ta-tahs.

3. jodi 05.Sep.03 at 1:39 pm

well the TTHM is here to stay, he’s an inextricable part of my life at this point. now, if he ever comes to his senses about how adorable and romance-worthy i am that remains to be seen. regardless, he’s here to stay.

however, as discussed with him, he might become 3M (the mean, mean man) or some other nickname that’s TBD.

4. UH 05.Sep.03 at 2:12 pm

“CUTE? BABY DUCKS ARE CUTE! I WANT TO BE EXOTIC AND MYSTERIOUS!”

5. jodi 05.Sep.03 at 2:13 pm

who said that?

6. UH 05.Sep.03 at 3:16 pm

Susan Sarandon said it to Tim Robbins in “Bull Durham”.

7. Bonny 05.Sep.03 at 3:22 pm

Well, a whole committee of us has decided it’s time for romance on your blog!

I’ve got a good new name for the TTHM — how about CL, the Cowardly Lion??

8. jodi 05.Sep.03 at 4:32 pm

you know i’m working it the best i can. i can’t help it if the men don’t find me attractive.

9. dweebie 05.Sep.03 at 7:31 pm

I got my crush drunk and naked in the hot tub while housesitting for my rich boss. That’s when I found out he was gay. Oh well, we still had fun, but nada romance. But we’re still buddies after 20 years.