to diet coke or not to diet coke

so i had grand plans to come hmoe from work and sleep. i was exhausted and could barely keep my head up on the commute home. so i came home, checked e-mail and promptly dropped my trouser en route to my boudoir. i picked up Douglas and curled up for a long summer’s nap.

my eyes grew heavy and sleep drew close. i shut my eyes and slept. then they opened again and it was only 25 minutes later. and now i’m doing the to diet coke or not to diet coke debate. because a diet coke would be really tasty about now, and might make me feel only subhuman. but then there’s that nasty caffeine.

if i don’t sleep tonight, i’m going to complain in very loud tones to someone important about my situation.

1. UH 30.Jun.03 at 9:20 pm

Oh, thank God you’re going to complain to someone important. That assures me that it’s not going to be me. I’ve been dealing with nothing but complaints all day long.

When I get home, I’m going to drink a nice gin and tonic, put my feet up on the ottoman, and yell at the TV news guy.

2. jodi 30.Jun.03 at 9:24 pm

i stopped watching tv a month ago, i miss tom brokaw.

3. Jeff 01.Jul.03 at 6:39 am

mmmm…..
    Gin and tonic…

4. Thomas 01.Jul.03 at 6:45 am

One word: Ambien. Ask your doctor is Ambien is right for you.

5. Bonny 01.Jul.03 at 9:50 am

When I need to sleep, I take two Sominexes. (Somini?) I think Jodi is a perfect candidate for something like Paxil or Zoloft, frankly, but every time I suggest that, she yells at me.

6. jodi 01.Jul.03 at 9:59 am

because i am not depressed! i am moody, i am emotional, i don’t hide much, but i am not depressed. i don’t feel depressed, i feel lonely sometimes. sometimes i get down on myself. low self-esteem sure, but not depressed. and really the idea of levelling out my moods, surpressing what i feel, that’s depressing.

7. Jeff 01.Jul.03 at 10:04 am

Yeah! What Jodi said….
    And those anti-depression drugs are over-prescribed anyway.
    Besides, try a percocet and flexeril cocktail. It’s the only way to fly.

8. UH 01.Jul.03 at 10:40 am

Forget pills.

The gin and tonic works wonders.

9. Thomas 01.Jul.03 at 1:21 pm

Ambien is a prescription sleep aid, usually for 5 or 10 days. Be sure you have 7 or 8 hours available to devote to a good night’s rest.

It saved me from the dragon that is Vicodin withdrawals.

10. Wendy 01.Jul.03 at 9:14 pm

Whoa, you people are scarin’ me! well, except Jodi, she’s right. Drugs are NOT the solution. Now stop the madness! 😉

11. Jeff 02.Jul.03 at 6:37 am

Yeah, that’s what I really meant.
    Users are losers.
    Abstainers are gainers.

12. Thomas 02.Jul.03 at 7:22 am

Yes! Throw away the drugs! To hell with antibiotics and pain relievers! Goodbye chemotherapy and birth control! We have space age treatments like crystals and magnets! We have homeopathic remedies like Ginko, Ginseng, Dragonfruit, and St. Crapula’s extract! Or we’ll simply meditate while getting a coffee enema! Screw the medical community and their “cures” and “disease prevention”! We have Mother Gaia providing us with Tallic Bark and Bat Guano; What more does anyone else need. Besides, our own self loathing for winning the evolutionary lotto inspires us to die anyway to avoid “upsetting nature’s delicate balance”.

Bah! Ambien is a safe drug that does what it promises with no side effects when taken as prescribed. End of story.