emergency

quick, someone tell me that i am a desirable, funny, smart and kind. that i’m wanted by men and that anyone who i am interested in who isn’t smart enough to return that interest is a damn fool. tell me that it’s ok to feel that sudden sharp pain in my heart.

tell me five good things, hurry.

because no matter how many times i repeat them to myself today, i’m having a hard time believing it.

1. Kevin 28.May.03 at 3:49 pm

1. The Smithsonian magazine is the best bathroom read EVER.
    2. Boomtown and Angel are coming back next season.
    3. You are both funny and kind.
    4. Most men are too dumb to notice interest (or most else for that matter). It’s true. You have to beat them over the head, grab them with both hands, shake them and then plant a big wet one right on their lips before they’ll notice that you have an interest in them.
    5. It’s OK to feel a sharp pain in your heart as long as it doesn’t radiate down your left arm. It’s a very good thing if it doesn’t. It proably just means you had one too many chili dogs for lunch.

2. jodi 28.May.03 at 3:53 pm

umm, isn’t this supposed to be all about me?

3. Gordon 28.May.03 at 4:08 pm

1.the tenth chapter of my novel is done and the eleventh is looking to be quite fun to write. that had nothing to do with you but it is nice, per se. i think.
    2.I have “everything is illuminated” on my shelf, because I bought it in providence, rhode island at a small bookstore there. ahm, hence, you are super cool obviously for having such great taste in books.
    3.the fact that you are able to wake up in the morning as it were with much energy is a very cool thing and to be admired. people give me crap about my doing the same every morning. every morning I feel like singing “good morning” from “singin’ in the rain” but people thereafter think i’m weird, every day.
    4.red hair is good.
    5.smiles are also nice.

4. jodi 28.May.03 at 4:13 pm

hi gordon!

5. Kevin 28.May.03 at 4:22 pm

Sorry, I didn’t realize the five good things were five specific things… #3 was all about you, and 1,2,4 and 5 could be pertinant to you. Or, maybe not.

6. gordon 28.May.03 at 4:36 pm

also, your eyes are quite keen.

7. andrea 28.May.03 at 4:45 pm

you’re beautiful and fun and funny and smart as hell. you have great taste in books and music. children love you. bowlers love you. you’re the internet’s sweetheart. you were my first inspiration to start my own website. your laugh is infectious and upon meeting you in person anyone can see that you have a spark of life that the average person is lucky to even witness, let alone possess.

and remember… for every one compliment someone voices, there are at least a hundred that are thought about and never said.

8. magicvixen 28.May.03 at 5:58 pm

you have deliciously lovely breasts

you have a job and you support yourself in a time where so many people cannot

the sun is out in seattle, of all places!

you do not have syphilis.

you do have a sharp wit, a strong will, a kind heart, an ever seeking and learning mind and an incredible knack for making people from all reaches of the country share their lives and stories with you as you have so generously shared with us.

9. Bonny 28.May.03 at 6:27 pm

1. You are not hungry.
    2. You are not physically sick.
    3. You are not hideous looking.
    4. You have a job and a truck.
    5. You have a family that loves you.

10. jodi 28.May.03 at 6:41 pm

actually, i am kinda hungry.