Excuses

As someone who is coming up on her 10th Blog Anniversary (July 31), I’m doing a horseshit job of blogging lately. I’ve spent a moderate amount of time feeling guilty. But then last week Justin, who runs Minn Post’s Blog Cabin sent an e-mail saying that there’s been a 30% drop in submissions since summer began.

I feel much better. It’s not me, it’s the weather. Don’t you feel better now?

1. justin 18.Jul.10 at 12:03 am

so when are you going to stop fucking around and write your memoir?

you’ve got a unique voice, i want to hear it!

2. Doug 18.Jul.10 at 8:14 pm

Wait. Are you saying that when we’re blogging we’re supposed to be doing better than a horseshit job? Is not the beauty of the blogosphere the freedom from having to actually do it well?

3. justin 19.Jul.10 at 1:47 pm

Pretty much. Otherwise, the horseshit blogger should just keep a diary.

Besides, where did you get out of my post that I thought Jodi was doing a horseshit job?

Basically I was just irritated with seeing reviews on those dumb graphic novels.

4. justin 19.Jul.10 at 1:50 pm

Oh, got it. Jodi said she was doing a horseshit job. Didn’t see that before I posted.

5. Jodi 19.Jul.10 at 1:50 pm

Justin, those graphic novels are not dumb! they’re super fun and I am waiting sweaty-palmed with anticipation for volume 6.

And I’m not sure about writing a memoir, because who wants to read 300 pages of “I watched Dawson’s Creek (2002-2006) today, or I watched A Different World reruns (2006-2008) or I watched Roseanne reruns today (2010) and then I ate a cookie?”

6. justin 19.Jul.10 at 2:21 pm

Hey, it’s how Chuck Klosterman makes his living. But you aren’t pretentious like him. Just sayin’, best of luck. You definitely have an audience.

7. Jodi 19.Jul.10 at 2:23 pm

If I had a penis and beard, I’d probably be Chuck Klosterman. It might be why his writing bothers me so much.

Maybe I should write a rock and roll memoir about all the imaginary bands I wanted to be in.

8. david 20.Jul.10 at 5:17 pm

Every time you mention the dearth of rock and roll memoirs written from a woman’s perspective, I think you should write one. Every time.

Come to think of it, “If I Had a Penis and a Beard, I’d Probably Be Chuck Klosterman” would be an awesome title.

9. Jodi 21.Jul.10 at 9:39 am

David the reason I whine about the dearth and keep begging for a woman-penned rock & roll memoir is so I don’t have to write it.

But I do kinda want to write a book called “If I had a Penis & a Beard, I’d Probably Be Chuck Klosterman.”