How to be a better blogger tip #1, make a list

1. Today my cubemate, Trip, sent me a link to a blog post called “40 ways to be a better blogger.” He’s so funny.
  2. I have a new teeny, tiny tree that I got for purchasing Wall-E on DVD. This just proves that robots are the best thing ever.
  3. The tree’s name is Schroeder. My other plants are Muriel, Minnie, and Eleanor II (all named after my dead grandmas).
  4. I went to happy hour with my former Hell, Inc. coworkers. None of them can believe I have a job as a blogger.
  5. there is no five
  6. I’ve decided that I must have an iPhone. However, I have to wait for six months. My ability to wait will be a sure sign of maturity. Right?
  7. My elbows, both of them, really itch.
  8. I got a Joy Williams short story collection in the mail today. Yummy.
  9. At today’s stand-up meeting, I was congratulated for getting a shout out on Twitter.
  10. I think that is all. Maybe tomorrow I will write something of substance.
  11. Maybe.

1. tito 05.Dec.08 at 1:03 pm

I really like your blog and all, but five is my all-time favorite number. Pretty far ahead of the next three (16, 57, and 34), in fact. I may have to re-think my fandom if this 5-hating continues.

2. Jodi 05.Dec.08 at 1:04 pm

Five stinks. Why do you like it so much? Six is so much better, and four is nice and even. Then there is five stuck right there ruining everything.

3. UH 05.Dec.08 at 1:46 pm

When your elbows itch it means you’re going to lean on someone else’s money, I think.

4. Jodi 05.Dec.08 at 2:02 pm

You got some money I can lean on?

5. david 05.Dec.08 at 3:48 pm

11 is incredibly cool… my lists always go to eleven (except last year’s favorite albums list, which accidentally had 12 entries).

Why was 6 scared? Because 7 8 9.

6. tito 05.Dec.08 at 4:10 pm

my reason for 5 is more nostalgic than anything: George Brett wore #5 for the Royals. But it does have other appeals.
    * it is a prime number
    * matches the (typical) digits per appendage
    * counting by 5 is way easy
    * fab 5 freddy
    I’m not trying to convince you. I’m just sayin’.

7. bamboozlde 07.Dec.08 at 6:50 am

i recently decided i needed an iphone, too. i wanted something pretty and shiny and expensive.

then decided against it because of the 2 year contract.

8. AC 07.Dec.08 at 3:13 pm

I have the iphone.
    And I hate it.
    I’ve had it for about 6 months. I should be used to it by now, but I hate it more every day. I thought I would get over it.
    I almost cried yesterday because I hate is so bad. Tears welled up but I decided not to cry over the stupid iphone.

It is a toy, not a tool, and I need a tool. It has crappy battery life (don’t be away from an outlet for too long!) and it freezes up so much… I’ve been left without a phone for hours waiting for the battery to die and the damn thing to restart. It is slow to respond and horrible for texting. I miss real buttons. I was a faster texter on a partial keyboard.

I really, really, really miss my blackberry. I think about it every single day. I want to touch other people’s blackberries. That is not a euphamism.

9. Jodi 07.Dec.08 at 3:16 pm

AC, that’s good to know and abates my lust a bit. You are the ONLY person I know who hates their iPhone (and I know a lot of iPhone people). Did you just happen to get a dud?

10. UH 07.Dec.08 at 5:15 pm

My experience was the same as AC’s, but I had the luxury of being able to give my iPhone away. Which I did. Four days after I got it.