Weaknesses

I had interview #2 for what might possibly be the perfect job for me, well, very nearly perfect. Perfect would be getting paid to eat Nutter Butters in my pajamas while watching America’s Next Top Model marathons and playing WordTwist on Facebook. But the economy is tough and there just doesn’t seem to be any openings in that field.

The interview went really well. They asked a bunch of great questions and a few tough ones. I got the where do you see yourself in three-to-five years question. To which I said, “Uhhhh.”

But my favorite question was regarding my strengths and my weaknesses. Weird, I know. Because generally that question sucks, but this was very specific — what were my blogging strength and weaknesses. I amazed myself by actually having an answer though I never really think about my blogging strengths and weaknesses.

I said my strength was my voice and my humor. My weakness:

Responding to e-mail! Am I right, or am I right?

1. Heather 17.Oct.08 at 11:22 pm

You are so right.

2. david 18.Oct.08 at 8:50 am

If it makes you feel any better, I was cleaning out my desk and found a package I should have mailed to you at least a month ago (re: Liz Phair Exile reissue).

It’s in the mail today, along with a couple of books you may (or may not) like.

America’s Next Top Modes, Nutter Butters, and WordTwist? We should share an office some day…

3. Jodi 18.Oct.08 at 9:07 am

See? We all have weaknesses. I feel bad about mine though, because people see the non-reply as a rejection or something. I always try to tell them it’s me, not you. My friends and family have gotten to the point where they’re really snarky whenever I reply. Bastards!

4. Doug 18.Oct.08 at 8:59 pm

Trust me: You want to keep the Nutter Butter eating in the pajamas thing as a hobby. One is subconsciously obligated to complain about one’s job–regardless of what it is; that’s just how it works–and you don’t want to bring that aspect to what you love.

5. Jodi 18.Oct.08 at 9:09 pm

If you don’t think I could bitching about smiling with my eyes, then you don’t know how good I would be at my Nutter Butter eating/America’s Next Top Model watching job.

6. UH 18.Oct.08 at 10:12 pm

Your weakness is spell-check and the serial comma.

AMIRITE?

😉

7. Jodi 18.Oct.08 at 10:15 pm

If they’re looking for a grammar nazi I’ll be sure to pass your resume along.