At least she’s okay

My mom had a heart attack last night. She was rushed to Abbot Northwestern at about 2 or 3 this morning. I can’t even remember when anymore because it seems so long ago. Of course because my family operates at a high level of dysfunction there was a lot of drama and tears and swearing and one sister left on the side of 494 in the wee small hours of the morning.

But none of that matters now. I have compartmentalized my anger to the best of my ability and will deal with that later. All that matters is that Mom’s okay. They put in a stent and she’s resting in the ICU. They expect her to be out the ICU later today and out of the hospital by Wednesday (I think).

Fuck. It’s been a long, dramatic night and I am wore out.

1. jodiferous 13.Oct.08 at 2:11 pm

Oh my good thoughts are with you and your family. I hope she feels better soon!

2. Barrett 13.Oct.08 at 2:26 pm

Sorry to hear of this. I think the fact that they just put in a stent (as opposed to major bypass surgery) is a good sign, though. Remember to rest and take care of yourself in this stressful time.

3. karlyn 13.Oct.08 at 2:43 pm

I’m so sorry. Take care.

4. david 13.Oct.08 at 3:10 pm

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Jodi.

5. brett 13.Oct.08 at 4:21 pm

Sorry to hear, but glad to hear she’s doing better.

Best wishes.

6. Lori 13.Oct.08 at 4:59 pm

Man, that’s rough. I hope she’s better soon and the rest of the drama sorts itself out. Families suck sometimes. Ok. A lot of times.

7. Shokkou 13.Oct.08 at 5:12 pm

Tell her to steer clear of any more chocolate covered bacon on a stick! But seriously grrl, i’m glad your mom is going to be okay. Compartmentalizing anger leads to heart disease (and strokes) too so be sure to beat the crap out of somebody deserving soon before you do any damage to your own health. HEED!

8. Tam 13.Oct.08 at 7:21 pm

((jodi))

The puppies would like me to tell you that they’re sending leg humps and sloppy puppy kisses your way.

9. danielle 13.Oct.08 at 8:58 pm

Your mom, your family, and especially you are in our prayers tonight. And Dominic prays really hard 🙂

10. Robin 13.Oct.08 at 10:11 pm

Shit. I’m really sorry. I hope she makes a quick recovery and that you and the rest of the family gets through this with your collective sanity intact.

11. V is For Victory 13.Oct.08 at 11:02 pm

I’m glad your mom is okay, but shit! How scary! I’m praying for your mom and your family right along with everyone else.

12. christa 13.Oct.08 at 11:53 pm

oh! sorry to hear about your mom! i’m glad she is doing okay now. hang in there, friend.

13. Imethisguy 14.Oct.08 at 12:32 am

I’m sorry to hear about that. Please give my best to you mom, and take care of yourself, too.

14. Lerren 14.Oct.08 at 12:55 am

Having gone through this a few times, you have my deepest and sincerest sympathies, and the same goes out to all your family as well. A stent is a good sign, a very good sign. Take a good long sleep and know that things will be okay.

15. Jodi 14.Oct.08 at 12:18 pm

Thank you all for your kindness. Me and my family really appreciate it. I haven’t had a chance to see Mom since yesterday afternoon but from what I hear she’s doing well.