Questions asked and answered

Wolfdog asked: Have you had moments you were considering giving up iwd.com? If so, explain…
Of course, but mostly only in extremely moments of intense brattiness. It usually involves people who think that by reading iwilldare.com they’re keeping in touch with me. It makes me really mad, because it’s so one sided. They get to know all that’s going on with me, and I get nothing about them. It’s my biggest pet peeve.

Zook asked: What’s your favorite letter of the alphabet and why?
C. Because it’s so damn fun.

Minnekeith asked:In Faust, was Goethe for or against redemption?
I don’t know smartguy, why don’t you tell me.

Then Minnnekeith asked: Do you like Twislers or Red Vines better?
Twizzlers, for sure. Red Vines are just waxy flavorless tubes of nothingness. Blech.

Then Zook got all into the groove and asked: 1) Could you dance if you want to? Could you leave your friends behind? Even if they can’t dance would they still be no friend of yours?
Yes, yes, no.

2) Would you rather be with the Jason Lee of Mallrats or Almost Famous?
Mallrats, because in that role he’s closer to the essence of the skatepunk I fell in love with.

3) Is there anything you won’t write about?
I try not to write too much about work. I won’t mention the name of my employer. I’m unsure about writing about relationships — that can get pretty hinky. I remember the poor TTHM getting some nastygrams when I wrote so openly about him.

4) If Liz Phair asked you to make out with her, would you?
Hell yes. Yes. Oh God Yes! Yesss. Yesss. OHHHHHH YES!

5) Do you still answer questions with the number 5 in them?

Then Wolfdogg asked some more: How much would you sell your iwilldare.com domain for?
At least six figures. I really kind of love iwilldare.com more than I probably should.

What’s your favorite blog to read?
Would Ask MeFi count as a blog? Probably not.
My favorite blog would then be a tossup between Bookslut and Largehearted Boy. I love Dooce too (who doesn’t?) but I don’t really consider that a blog.

I have another question, but I have to ask you in private…

Anything else?

1. largehearted boy 31.Jul.06 at 10:36 pm

I am so flattered!!! Bookslut is my favorite blog, and I love AskMeFi, too.

I wish I had known you when I lived in Minneapolis, I think we could have been good friends.

2. jodi 31.Jul.06 at 10:41 pm

You’re flattered? Are you kidding me. I get a smug, giddy grin on my face whenever I see your commments. It’s like a rockstar commenting on ol’ iwd.com.

However, I will cut you for the heart of Michael Schaub. I hope you understand.

When did you live in MPLS?

3. Wolf Dogg 31.Jul.06 at 11:15 pm

24? Oh…no no no. Not THAT question. I have a different question.

But 24 is impressive. At least to me.

4. Mike 01.Aug.06 at 7:36 am

Don’t you think your answer to #5 should be–
    ‘I’ll take the fifth.’?

5. Minnekeith 01.Aug.06 at 8:32 am

Regarding Faust,

Throughout the book the main character Faust makes the wrong decisions always f***ing over others, making a pact with the devil, etc. Then as he lays dying he askes God for forgiveness and he is granted heaven.

It’s difficult because I think it sends the wrong message. I think that some people take this as they can be as shitty as they like on this world and if they believe in God that get a free pass.

Anyway, I thought it would stimulate a discussion. So sorry.

6. jodi 01.Aug.06 at 8:34 am

Raise your hand if you’ve read Faust.

7. david 01.Aug.06 at 9:14 am

I lived in Minneapolis from fall 1994 through spring of 1995. My company transferred me to their St. Cloud office, and I commuted. When they attempted to transfer me again, I left the company to set down some roots, and my best offer was down south. I loved the Twin Cities, though.

8. david 01.Aug.06 at 9:16 am

P.S. Jessa Crispin gets more press (sexy blogger lists, etc.), but Schaub is more likely to make me spit bagel on my laptop in the morning. If anything ever happens to my wife, our posses may have to tangle, Sharks vs. Jets style…

9. jodi 01.Aug.06 at 9:29 am

I like Jessa too. I think she’s got great taste. But my heart belongs only to Michael. That Philip Roth crack last week nearly made me pee my pants.

10. UH 01.Aug.06 at 11:59 am

Will you send me a picture of your naked boobs?

(a heathen has to try, y’know)