goodbye, we hardly knew ye

i finally got my sad repair box to ship back frowny iPod face Roland II the electric boogaloo, back to apple. it’s a little sad. i think that, perhaps, the name Roland might be cursed. the new iPod will have a shinynew name that will, of course, promise new and good things for us. and hopefully when i hit shuffle, he/she doesn’t play a super lame song.

1. Thomas 26.Sep.05 at 1:16 pm

His name should be something Funky.

Graham, for example, would be a fine name, based on gramophone, but altered to be a proper enough name that people whould really wonder who this “Graham” person is that makes you so happy you wiggle your behind.

2. jodi 26.Sep.05 at 2:23 pm

graham is a good name, but i have a super secret name already picked out for the new iPod. it’s the best name ever.

also, i had a very very good friend in college whom i called graham. and while i did adore him like non other, he’s not really iPod worthy, you know?

3. D' 26.Sep.05 at 4:53 pm

Oooh, can’t wait to find out the name!

Mine is named Ursula. She’s an iPod Photo, so she’s plus-sized.

4. UH 26.Sep.05 at 8:10 pm

I think that, in honor of the movie I am currently watching, you should call the new iPod “Professor Falken”, or just “Falken” for short. Or maybe even “Joshua”. Those would all be excellent choices for a semi-intelligent computerized device, don’tcha think?

5. jodi 26.Sep.05 at 8:18 pm

joshua is out. i love that name and hope to use it sometime in the future for like a child or a puppy.

6. Kevin 26.Sep.05 at 9:07 pm

If I had an iPod, I would probably name him Emmett. Or maybe Julius. If it was anything other than white, I might name him Harold or Horton. If I had a black iPod, I would name her Raven (which is cliche and stupid, but I might do it anyway) or Constance, and I would pretend that she was one of those little Italian grannies in their black dresses and veils, and I would only play sad songs on her. If I had a Shuffle, I would name him Ichabod or Wilt.

Of course, I’d need an iPod first.

7. Megan 26.Sep.05 at 9:07 pm

I’m a firm believer in cursed names. That’s why I’ll never date another Andy. Or Rob. Or Steve.

8. jodi 26.Sep.05 at 9:20 pm

or tim. i don’t think i’ll ever date another tim. i’ve also been warned about jasons.

9. PeeWee 27.Sep.05 at 1:16 am

I have a mini iPod named Ms. Jackson, and a iShuffle named Dick. I am betting you name your iPod Rob Gordon.

10. jodi 27.Sep.05 at 9:22 am

peewee you are so close you’re on FIRE!

11. PeeWee 27.Sep.05 at 7:57 pm

Barry?
    OHHHHH!!!
    Marie DeSalle? YES, I am sure of it!!
    And the first song should be “Baby I Love Your Way”!!!!

12. Megan 02.Oct.05 at 7:11 pm

Jason is the king of cursed names.

13. jodi 02.Oct.05 at 7:34 pm

then why are all the jasons so damned cute?