the people’s republic of chocolateyolicious

one of the big priorities in my life is to remain on the very cutting edge of confectionary technology. i take this seriously and try to remain abreast of the latest news from candyland.

i’ll have you know that tonight i tried The Newest M&M in town. yes, the Mega M&M has made it’s way to supergenius headquarters. after extensive study and testing we have come to the conclusion that the plain Mega M&M just isn’t working for us. by enlarging the M&M Mars and company have thrown off that delicate chocolate to candy shell ratio, a near perfect balance of sweet sweet chocolateyness combined with the satisifying crunch of the candy shell. really, candy doesn’t get much more divine.

i have yet to try the Mega M&M with Peanuts, because they didn’t have them at the Super T, so we can’t make any official rulings as to their snackability.

so for now, we rank the M&Ms we have tried in order of deliciousness:
1. Dark Chocolate M&Ms (sans peanuts)
2. Peanut M&Ms
3. Almond M&Ms
4. Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms
6. Plain M&Ms
7. Mint M&Ms
8. Peanut Butter M&Ms
9. Caramel M&Ms

1. zook 28.Jul.05 at 8:40 am

Mrs Zook uses the same reasoning and scientific theories when examining the Reese’s PB cup holiday offerings – Christmas tree PB to chocolate ratio is off, same with Haloween pumpkins but the Easter egg is right on. You candy experts are like Willy Wonka Rainmen:)

2. ngruk the obvious 28.Jul.05 at 8:47 am

Speaking of Willy Wonka, the new movie didn’t do it for me.

Hi Gem! Missed ya! How are you?

3. jodi 28.Jul.05 at 8:56 am

ngruk, that’s a name from the past! wow. and i liked willy wonka. i LOVED willy wonka!

4. ngruk the obvious 28.Jul.05 at 9:34 am

The new Wonka had many amazing parts to it… there were some things I truly smiled largely at. Like the burning puppet show. And I marvelled at Burton’s typical visuals. Depp was great, fantastic.

But the movie didn’t feel whole, it felt disjointed. And Charlie seemed flat… where was the Charlie who really longed to see Wonka and get that golden ticket? He had the heart of gold, but lacked the desire of a child.

While Depp was great, his character didn’t have the sinister wisdom I was hoping see.

That’s my two cents. And I’m a moron, so you can’t take it very far.

5. Robin 28.Jul.05 at 9:56 am

I can’t remember seeing it on your list, but you have read “Candyfreak” by Steve Almond, right? Please tell me you’ve read “Candyfreak”. Because if you haven’t, you must read it. Right now.

6. Megan 29.Jul.05 at 12:06 am

I tried Dulce de leche M&Ms in Los Angeles. That was one mighty fine M.

7. jodi 29.Jul.05 at 12:11 am

aren’t the dulce de leche the caramel ones? maybe i am hallucinating.

also, i must get Candy Freak ASAP.

8. Megan 29.Jul.05 at 12:12 am

Maybe, but in LA they were “Dulce de Leche”!

9. jodi 29.Jul.05 at 12:13 am

i think mine were Dulce de Leche too. Sister #2 brought them back from Vegas for me.