Cleaning out the DeeVeR

I don’t have TiVO, I have the generic video recording device shilled by Comcast. I call it the DeeVeR. However, I when I have sheduled a recording, I call it ‘tivoing.’ Just so we all got our terminology straight.

This morning/afternoon, I’ve been playing catching up with Internet and doing some housekeeping around Paul Westerberg.net and this joint. Since this only takes up about 1/3rd of total brain capacity, I decided it would be a good idea to sit and watch all the shows I TiVo’d that are taking up space on the ol’ DeeVeR.

So far I have watched and/or listened to:

• Dawson’s Creek: The episode where Joey works as Pacey’s secretary and Eddie comes back
  • The Faces on BBC Crown Jewels: Rod Stewart was super hot on this concert show with some stubble on his chin and rocking the Leather Tuscadero hairdo.
  • Arcade Fire on Austin City Limits: I am kind of ambivalent about The Arcade Fire. I try really hard but I am just not sure. The music feels a little soulless to me, mechincal or something. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but it just hasn’t clicked with me. It’s weird because a lot of people whose taste I respect and admire are gonzo for the fire.

I still have two episodes of MTV’s Unplugged and the Wilco episode of Austin City Limits to get through. It’s going to be a long day.

1. david 02.Dec.07 at 2:50 pm

One of my favorite ACL episodes is the Bright Eyes/Wilco show, mostly for the Conor Oberst/Jim James/M. Ward performance.

2. Jodi 02.Dec.07 at 3:06 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that one. I wish I had, because for a very long time I was in love with Conor Oberst.

3. kerrianne 02.Dec.07 at 3:23 pm

Before we moved this past October we probably had three days worth of Austin City Limits. My husband is a bit obsessed.

4. Peabo 02.Dec.07 at 7:31 pm

Amateur. I rolled my way through 42 programs today. Seinfeld, Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares (BBC and American), How Clean is Your House?, Coupling (BBC–my new favorite show of all time) and…etc. I forget the others.

5. Jodi 02.Dec.07 at 7:34 pm

I bow to the master. I could never compete with you when it comes to TV watching. You’d win the gold medal every time.

6. Peabo 02.Dec.07 at 9:12 pm

It’s one of the things I cling to in life. Some people save lives, donate their time, write novels…I am a walking TV guide. Except when they change all the scheduling for summer. That pisses me off.

7. Jodi 02.Dec.07 at 10:42 pm

When I was a little kid I used to memorize the TV Guide, much to the dismay of my mom.