getting it off my chest

dear mmj,

i saw your post on mefi today and it was like a fist to the stomach. without a doubt you are the person who has hurt me the most in the past year, and that’s saying a lot — considering the outlaw and all. i never did anything to deserve such shoddy treatment. your capacity for cruelty simply amazes me. if only i had known. the story of my life is now a little sadder, a little more pathetic because of you. but, i have learned a valuable lesson. the lesson? you’re a jackass.

jodi

that, darling ones, is an actual e-mail i just sent, and it makes me feel so much better having sent it. i had put it off for far too long. tonight, i am going to be good to me, i really, really need it.

1. hope 13.Jan.04 at 5:01 pm

SEE!!!! That is EXACTLY what I’m talking about!! Girl, you RAWK!

2. UH 13.Jan.04 at 6:36 pm

I’d like to be able to stick up for my jodikins, but I don’t know which post she’s talking about.

3. Wendy 13.Jan.04 at 6:57 pm

Same here!

4. jodi 13.Jan.04 at 6:59 pm

there’s nothing to stick up for. it’s not a post, it’s something that happened. and it’s overwith. i was treated poorly and i just had to vent. i’ll be alright, y’all should know that.

5. UH 13.Jan.04 at 7:41 pm

OK, just checking.

6. jodi 13.Jan.04 at 8:37 pm

thanks for your concern UH. i got a response from the jackass, and well it’s really not worth arguing about. he and i just differ on the meaning of honesty.

7. withheld 13.Jan.04 at 9:10 pm

way to have a one-sided arguement! you get him, jodi!

8. jodi 13.Jan.04 at 9:16 pm

withheld, if that’s your real name, i’m not having a one sided argument. we just differ on honesty, that’s all. i thought i was treated poorly, he thinks otherwise. what’s the point of getting into the yuhuh, uhuh, yuhuh? he’s not going to concede that he was being a thoughtless jackass and i’m not going to concede that i was being a selfish bitch. so where does that get me?

9. withheld 13.Jan.04 at 9:23 pm

if i was pure, pure evil, i could say a lot more, couldn’t i?

clearly, this is why it’s over.

10. Dick 14.Jan.04 at 6:41 am

Honesty…derivitive…honorable?

reality, truth, facts, often an excercise in winning a debate

there is honor in expressing how we feel even when it brings pain

make today count for many friends care about you!

11. Thomas 14.Jan.04 at 6:49 am

Odd that the poster’s name would be “withheld”; I recall that in the more sleazy men’s “entertainment” magazines (that wind up in the hands of hormonal teenagers), the only time names of the commenting readers were withheld was when the comment included some heinous activity that the reader professed to enjoying, or was clearly guilty of some wrong-doing.

Ironic, then, that Jodi would write about a transgression against her, presenting her side of the story (because as a mere mortal, she cannot enter the mind of someone else and surmise what his/her motivation was), then another poster with “withheld” information comments back in a snarky fashion. Apparently, this “withheld” must be some omnipotent being with the ability to understand every nuance of every person past, present and future. Unfortunately, I give as much faith in “withheld”‘s stance that I would of a half-crumpled Arby’s comment card that states “ThE sErViCe SuCkS bAwLz!” scrawled in brown crayon and left in a corner of a booth.

Anonymity is the shroud of the coward.
    Anonymous comments are the excrement of a cowardly mind.