1. Are you going to school this year?
2. If yes, where are you going (high school, college, etc.)? If no, when did you graduate?
i’ll be taking another fiction writing class at the loft. i can’t wait.
3. What are/were your favorite school subjects?
in high school my favorite subject was English, and i loved my newspaper and yearbook classes. in college i had two favorite classes “the idea of political tolerance in western political thought” and “freedom of expression.”
4. What are/were your least favorite school subjects?
5. Have you ever had a favorite teacher? Why was he/she a favorite?
in high school vicki linder was one of my favorites, she’s the one who told me i should write. also, roger dahl, because he challenged me to work at learning, up until i had his class i never had to study–not ever, but then i got into his AP History class and it was tough. i got a D the first quarter, and worked my way up into an A. he told me that he’d never seen a student come so far in his class.
in college, it was gerald conner. again, he told me i could write and i should write and i was meant to write. also he told me the movie “muriel’s wedding” reminded him of me and i just never forgot that.