policy on commenting

to whom it may concern:

there’s a raging debate going on in the comments– i love it. i love raging, passionate debates — even if i’m not participating.

i just want you, darling ones, to know that you are pretty much free to say whatever you want. i’m not a comment deleter, unless of course the comment is posted 43 times in a row, then i’ll delete 42 of them. or if the comment just says “fuck you” or “you’re lame.” i delete those if i feel like it. if your comment breaks my page and i catch it, i’ll fix it. or if your comment mentions, by name, the place i work– i’ll edit that. but other than that it’s pretty much fair game. have at it.

thanx,
the management

1. Anonymous 09.May.03 at 3:56 pm

Thanks, for the policy clarification: Thomas please note your posts:

“So as it is, you’re judging me in an open forum without knowing the entire situation, which is none of your business in the first place. Publicly attacking me doesn’t reinforce your opinion or make it any more valid. It just makes it “hate speech”, which you’re still quite well within your rights to spew with as much venom as you can muster.

I think the thing that really upsets me isn’t your child-like name calling, it’s that by hiding in the manner that you are, I can’t discuss this with you in a more private manner. Instead, I’m left to post here my replies to you, which I think you’ll agree is far afield from the intended topic.

In the future, please refrain from attacking me here; Instead email me” your post today.

But here’s how you treat other posters:

“For the last time, will all the High-School kids please just shut the fuck up!?!

You aren’t interesting, you aren’t funny, and no one gives a rat’s ass about your penile size or lack thereof!!

Posted by: Thomas on May 8, 2003 10:22 AM

“To anyone under 20; Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up shut up!!!!

“No one cares about your fucking underwear! No one cares who you think is “Hot or Not”. Go fucking outside and learn humility, learn how to compose messages of substance and meaning, and stop posting about fucking underwear and your preference. It’s over… dead… finito… Just give it up already.

And does the instructor know you’re browsing the web during computer lab class?

Posted by: Thomas on May 1, 2003 02:47 PM

“For the love of GOD; High School kids should get a life and leave this thread alone! Go away and come back after you’ve experienced life more so you can actually contribute!!!”

Posted by: Thomas on May 1, 2003 08:15 AM

Thomas, if I am a black pot, I say you are a black kettle!!!

2. Je 09.May.03 at 10:03 pm

That’s why you rock!

3. Thomas 10.May.03 at 5:23 am

True, I have been attacking a type of poster. Notice in all the messages you quoted that I didn’t single out any one person; I was slamming all high school children. Also, my email address was proudly displayed. I stand behind those comments as well.

You are singling out an individual, you are the one making baseless accusations on your own flawed personal experience and you are the one hiding in anonymity.

You haven’t dared to do anything but petty instigation. Going forward, I won’t even dignify anything you have to say with a reply. Get over yourself and seek out therapy as I have suggested.

4. Wes 10.May.03 at 5:41 am

My opinion on the anonymity thing. It’s just inconvenient. It’s analogous to calling someone, not giving your name, saying something, and hanging up. Nevermind the fact that this isn’t a phone conversation, my point is the person that called and hung up didn’t lend much credibility to their opinion.

It’s different in that we can be reasonably certain you in particular will respond, but my point is the same – no signature, no responsibility, no credibility.

That’s all I have to share for now.

5. dweebie 10.May.03 at 11:49 am

It has been fun watching the raging debate. After perusing some of the participants’ posts, I just want to contribute that putting a name, like Shania Queen of the Desert and a hotmail address doesn’t particularly give a writer credibility. If something sounds wise and true, it does so regardless of whether it came from Gandhi, Jesus, Einstein, a teenager with a big schlong who prefers boxers, or a red headed woman who is too hard on herself.

Thomas, you tell “anon” to get over herself, but then you go on to advise us of your SAT scores, what programming you know, how YOU are a Mensa member. Look in a mirror dude and watch yourself. Yes, yes, I did well on SATS, graduated with a degree in philosophy, went onto and graduated from law school, passed the bar the first time, big **** deal!!!!!

An older boyfriend of mine took me to a Mensa meeting, because he wanted me to join, and I could because of my SAT scores. It seemed like the people there couldn’t wait until the guest speaker stopped talking so they could pontificate during the question and answer period, not really asking questions, but just talking to hear themselves speak. Sorry, but I have more fun playing with my cats.

There are a lot of under 20 year olds out there, give them a chance, you may learn something from them. The fact that Jodi has a thread over 150 comments long is quite a feat, showing that people are reading and responding, if you don’t like that subject, don’t click on it.

Anon, please don’t stop posting, your point of view is as important as anyone else’s. I’ll bet the Dixie Chicks wish they could post anonymously. You know this is supposed to be a free country, but if someone says something contrary to someone’s point of view, all of a sudden they’re unpatriotic, flawed, or subject to some other ad hominen attack. Our country was founded upon the right to be individual and uses checks and balances to insure differing opinions, let’s try to accept them.