conceal and carry

my coworkers are always amazed that weapons seem to appear wherever i go. exacto knives, scissors, my own pencil. . .

see, i am quite fond of dramatic statements like, “if she doesn’t shut up i am going to shove my pencil through her eye.” somehow they’ve decided that i might be dangerous. today, in a meeting we were talking about some such stuff and i said something about now that it’s legal for me to pack heat, they better think twice about pissing me off.

they just laughed and laughed.

i guess i’m not as threatening as i thought.

1. wendy 29.Apr.03 at 10:55 pm

They won’t be laughing so much when you’re packing heat!

2. Wes 30.Apr.03 at 7:39 am

“An armed society is a polite society.”

3. Thomas 30.Apr.03 at 8:40 am

I’d start with a Nerf gun and let the arms race escalate from there.

4. dweebie 30.Apr.03 at 10:20 am

Thomas, we have an old pick up truck with a super soaker rifle in the back window.

Jodi, Dr. Phil had an episode about drama queens yesterday, often when they feel they aren’t being listened to they overreact because they get the immediate payoff of being reassured that they are being paid attention to. They tend to repeat this behavior because they crave that immediate payoff. The only problem is that it wears thin as their insecurity tends to constantly need reassurance and their social partners tire of the demand for reassuring responses. I’m not saying this to hurt you, but hopefully to help, ’cause you are an interesting person who’s site I keep returning to.

5. darksyde 30.Apr.03 at 6:01 pm

Threatening, no. But dangerous? You bet, and thats why we keep coming back! You are a guilty pleasure.

6. Mark Monlux 01.May.03 at 8:38 am

All you need for a little respect is to tackle an offending coworker and write something with a marker on their butt. “If head inserted, please pull out.” is one suggestion.

7. Thomas 01.May.03 at 2:57 pm

Jodi, did you finally kill one of your co-workers? Why the absence?

8. Wes 01.May.03 at 2:58 pm

What about writing on the forehead:

apply boot here

9. Casey 08.May.03 at 2:10 pm

Yao!!!

10. Scoots 22.Oct.03 at 9:13 am

Yeah fellas i took out my tommy gun and busted up my boss’s cap. shot him in the head 7 times. felt so good.