god’s gift to humanity?

a recap of the state of union:
blah, blah, taxes, blah, blah, jobs, blah, blah americans, blah, blah economy, blah, blah, blah i’m a jackass, blah, blah weapons of mass destruction, blah, blah, god, blah, blah he, blah, blah.

so i’m listening to that mass of vague proof, specific threats, and gross overgeneralizations and i’m wondering why in the hell he’s not discussing the real threat facing our nation.

1. 8bitjoystick.com 28.Jan.03 at 11:10 pm

Also Hitlerism is not a word

Nope the word in Nazism and Facism.. but that can backfire and describe his administration. Fighting facist with Bush is like taking diet tips from Anna Nicole Smith.

Didn’t Gov Gary Locke of Washington kick ass. I love that guy and I voted for him twice. I really wish Locke was president but no one from the north west has ever been in the white house.

2. Thomas 29.Jan.03 at 6:49 am

Facist tendencies and a facist regime are two very separate things. Bush tends to take a facist point of view, and we can safely say so; In a facist state, saying so would get you beaten, tortured an/or killed. Don’t throw terms like facist around too lightly lest you diminish the impact that they should convey.

3. 8bitjoystick.com 29.Jan.03 at 2:45 pm

Given the rate that our freedoms and civil rights have been destroyed by this administration I fear we are on the way to a fascist state that would make Stalin and Hitler proud. The USA 2003 feels a lot like Germany in 1935. We are not quite there but we are headed down that road.

I am probably going to be explaing this post to the FBI some day.

4. pete 29.Jan.03 at 4:11 pm

I think it is shortsided and petty to label this administration fascist and throw words around like that. You guys are right to be suspect of the administrations intentions, that is your duty as Americans. However to compare Bush to Stalin or Hitler is ridiculous Jake. It also dishonors and cheapens the memories of the MILLIONS of people who died fighting the Nazis. I am disappointed that someone of your intellect would draw a conclusion so utterly baseless. When Bush was elected I said oh here we go again ….the endless comparing of fascism to conservatism and the constant cheap nazi rhetoric thrown at conservatives is not only wrong, it is hateful. I wouldn’t compare my worst enemy to that. It is akin to saying someone is Satan. Stalin was a marxist leninist and you cant get more far away from a conservative in america than that. By the way it was socialism and the German Socialist Party that led to fascism. Who are the socialists in our country today? Absurdly wrong in every concievable way.

5. pete 29.Jan.03 at 4:17 pm

fascism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fshzm)
    n.

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
    A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
    Oppressive, dictatorial control

6. pete 29.Jan.03 at 4:19 pm

Hitlerism is a word. Look it up in the dizzictionary guys…

Hitlerism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (htl-rzm)
    n.
    The fascistic and nationalistic theories and practices of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

Hitlerite (-l-rt) adj. & n.

7. Thomas 30.Jan.03 at 6:21 am

Tell you what, Jake. If you can get me solid proof that you know for a fact what 1935 Germany really “feels” like, then I’ll tend to give your argument some weight.

If you can prove that by not being a complete bleeding heart liberal, not being an “all-wealthy-people-should-be-glad-to-give-up-all-but-30k-of-their-earnings” believer, not being a believer in “free needles are a right” makes someone a facist, then you should run for local office, and as you age you can run for higher offices.

I personally don’t believe that simply by having conservative values, Bush could ever be labeled a mass-genocidal murderer like Hitler or a killer of political dissodents like Stalin. The fact that you can still speak your mind is proof alone that this government isn’t facist.

Show me the bodies, Jake. Show me the millions of murdered, innocent, US citizens who were gassed to death in front of their families for being a certain heritage. Show me a US child that has been forced into labor camps where they get to bury their own gassed, US citizen parents while they wait for their own turn in the US Army based showers only because they are the children of parents of a certain heritage.

You should get down on the ground and kiss it knowing you have the privlidges and rights afforded to you as a spoiled-brat US citizen, because it means that you can speak your utter tripe while not knowing SHIT about a real facist state.

8. pete 30.Jan.03 at 11:14 am

Uh…now I wasn’t that mean to Jake. Jake has a point but also i believe he is wrong. I dont want to labaste him too badly though. I just think it is an inappropriate analogy in the extreme. As he knows I hate it when people use the word “fascist” it has become so tired and cliche’. This administration has tried to do some things that are clear violations of certain 1st ammendment rights and 4th ammendment rights but our system has not allowed any violations of the constitution thereby proving yet again that our system works. It works because of the three branches of government. Not one…not two…three.There will never be a fascist dictatorship here because of the way that our government is set up. It is the only constitution to stand for 200 yrs consecutively and there are some good reasons for that. I dont want to flame him too bad because like all of us sometimes you can say something before really thinking about it.

9. Roger 11.Nov.03 at 11:46 am

I agree that George W Bush does not run America like a fascist state, but throughout its recent history the foreign policy of the US has made a point of propping up and even starting regimes such as Pinochet of Chile, (The CIA helped him overthrow the overwhelmingly popular Allende) Saddam Hussein (Even before he got power the CIA fed him the names of socialists and even simply left wing student activists) and Suharto of Indonesia (same stuff as for Saddam). These are but a few examples of leaders who have many of the hallmarks of fascists who have benefitted from American support. George W Bush is not the problem; there is a much larger poison in the governance of your nation which I firmly believe most Americans would be shocked to know the truth of. The fact is, the US has bloody borders.

Roger, UK