it’s official

i’m depressed.

i just realized this after waking up from a two-hour nap. this is my second two-hour nap today. i haven’t written anything today, and don’t plan to. i haven’t eaten anything today, and am not sure if i will.

i think i’ll go stare out the window at the storm now.

1. Bonny 01.Sep.02 at 6:30 pm

Jodi, Paxil saved my life. It can save yours. There’s no need to go on like this.

2. Sansaarai 01.Sep.02 at 8:27 pm

Medication may not be the answer. Love can heal all wounds.

3. UH 01.Sep.02 at 9:26 pm

“Love can heal all wounds.”

Ah, that’s just sentimental bullshit. If someone has a chemical imbalance in her brain, no amount of love will make her any better. In fact, your happy little theory implies that anyone whose brain chemistry is fucked up from something out of her control is somehow not being loved enough.

Want to spout sappy shit? Go work for Hallmark.

4. Sansaarai 01.Sep.02 at 10:20 pm

The moment someone says they are depressed someone shouts out “GET MEDICATED!” Sometimes someone is just down. It happens to me. Happens to everyone every now and then.

UH I love how you so eloquently made your point.

5. Sansaarai 01.Sep.02 at 10:28 pm

Who said she had a chemical imbalance?

6. UH 01.Sep.02 at 10:47 pm

Hey, Sansaarai? Would you blithely tell a diabetic that he should just get over it? Would you suggest to someone with asthma that she should just suck it up because tomorrow’s a new day? I suppose you’d walk past an elderly man lying in the street with a broken hip and mention in passing that he’ll be all right in the morning, this kind of thing happens all the time?

Yes, everyone gets “down” once in a while. It’s my position that what I’ve been reading here for the last while is beyond what should be considered “down”. Clinical depression is a verifiable medical condition, whether you believe it or not, and it can and should be treated. Your pithy dismissal of a potentially life-threatening malady is both reckless and heartless.

7. Sansaarai 01.Sep.02 at 11:01 pm

Well I would give that elderly man in the street a kick in the ass for being in my way. I guess because I’m heartless…….

8. BH 02.Sep.02 at 1:46 pm

Just for the record, I did not tell Jodi to get medicated. I told her that Paxil saved MY life, which it did, and I believe, based on my experience, that it’s something she should check out.