and god help you if you are an ugly girl

i am not a pretty girl. this is not the face that launched a thousand ships. it’s just a face that while not altogether heinous, is not all that pretty either.

it’s not low self-esteem talking. i’ve been told on more than one occassion, even by people who read iwilldare.com, that i am not pretty– this is not a fact that you can argue with people.

“yeah, you’re not so pretty.”
“yuhuh, i am so!”
“no, you’re not.”

i’ve been told i have pretty eyes and nice hair. but those are all parts of a whole. the trees are pretty nice, the forest not so great.

damnit, now i’ve forgotten what my stupid point was. it was really good too. something about how being not pretty, which doesn’t really make one ugly, isn’t all that bad. but it’s gone now. gone, gone, gone.

1. Lauren 18.Dec.02 at 4:34 am

If ugliness determines what is pretty, does that fact alone not make ugliness beautiful?

-Just happened to stubble across this website, as I do everything else in my life

2. Lauren 18.Dec.02 at 4:35 am

3. lucie 25.Mar.03 at 1:24 pm

i am ugly and not pretty you are all dumb wahaha just kidding i bet you’re great this is fun yay!

4. tasha 03.Aug.03 at 7:41 pm

i get stared at by guys all the time but i don’t think i am pretty even though people have told me i was i think maybe they might think for example my eyes are but i want to know am i pretty not just something about me i see other girls and they make me sick because i would love to look like them i have a really bad problem with how i think about myself but i could be true of what i think and people just don’t want to hurt my feelings

5. tasha 03.Aug.03 at 7:47 pm

it’s me again i have heard things like 2 ugly people make a pretty one ok so what about 1 ugly and 1 pretty mixed or 2 pretty to me it doesn’t make any sence but anyways give me an email
    sassy_gtasha@yahoo.com thanks

6. Shaunie 26.Dec.03 at 6:03 am

I am genuine, pure-bred, 100% Ugly. It’s not so bad. One gets used to it after 16 years.