The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and to be loved in return

i went to see moulin rouge yesterday. i am in love with it. during most of the movie i smiled so much and so hard my face hurt. it was so much fun! when the can-can dancers at the moulin rouge twirled onto the dance floor and the tuxedoed men started in singing “smells like teen spirit,” i thought i would fall out of my chair laughing. i like baz luhrman movies. you just sit there and experience them. it’s like an amusement park ride. you just strap in and away you go. you don’t need to engage your brain, you just take it all in. moulin rouge was spectacular, spectacular!

of course i did get all swept away in the love story and the ending left me weeping in my sleep. me and the 14-year-old girl next to me cried as if our hearts were breaking. sister #4 didn’t shed a tear. she’s a damn rock, i swear.

now, i can’t wait to see it again. i have to con someone else into seeing it with me.

1. paige 03.Jun.01 at 8:41 pm

I will go see it, now that you’ve given it such a ringing endorsement!

2. jodi 03.Jun.01 at 8:57 pm

you want me to go with? i want to go see it again.

3. andrea 04.Jun.01 at 8:08 am

Hey, we could make it our June outing! I’ve been dying to see it…

4. jodi 04.Jun.01 at 9:38 am

yes! that’d be faboo. when are you all free? this weekend is shot in honor of the celebration of my birth.

5. andrea 04.Jun.01 at 10:56 am

yippee! what about you, paige? are you here?

6. matilda 29.Apr.02 at 12:45 pm

hi! I must say you put words to my thoughts!!=)
    I saw the film some days ago and 2 days later I bought it!!
    it was one of the best films I have ever seenhi! I must say you put words to my thoughts!!=)
    I saw the film some days ago and 2 days later I bought it!!
    it was one of the best films I have ever seen

7. Lauren 10.Jul.02 at 12:31 am

I LOVE MOULIN ROUGE (AND EWAN McGREGOR)HE IS SOO HOT AND SUCH A GOOD SINGER THE END WAS SOOO SAD
    I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!

8. ben 25.Jul.02 at 8:13 am

OK! I’ll totally go with you guys to see it!!!

9. abbie 12.Aug.02 at 9:36 am

i love it 2, “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is just to love and be loved in return” totally my fav quote

10. Janelle 19.Oct.02 at 7:25 pm

Who said the quote “the greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return” is that an actual quote from who? A poet or something someone e-mail me and tell me thanxs.

11. Kim 20.Oct.02 at 7:44 am

I also saw moulin rouge…it was the bestest movie i have ever seen….its such a happy and funny and sad movie all at the same time…i must have seen it about 10 times…the songs are great in it….i know almost all the words to them…all you guys who didnt see it need to go see it is the best movie!!

12. melissa 09.Nov.02 at 8:30 am

i loveeeeeeeeeeee moulin rouge and everything related to it….i have both soundtracks, the movie and lots of related screen names and emails! its just such a good movie, with the plot and everything, and is so romantic.

13. Anonymous 01.Dec.02 at 10:04 am

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn
    Is just to love and be loved in return.”
    -Eden Ahbez

Just thought you all would like to know.

14. Agatha 17.Feb.03 at 7:30 pm

When my eleven year-old boy started to love this movie (he saw it five times), I realized mankind has some hope. Despite the war, despite the fear, love is such a wonderful thing it still drills over pain and sadness. And, as I could see from my boy, it may start early in a pure mind.

15. torre 04.Oct.03 at 2:57 am

wow…this is kinda late and also strange…i think i’m the only guy to posthere but nevertheless i think that it’s the greatest movie ever i love el tango de roxanne, anyway…the movie is a masterpiece

16. laura 08.Nov.03 at 5:14 pm

I have just seen the movie and I think is spectacular!! I love the songs, and por supuesto el tango de roxane. I have seen this movie in Spanish. Creo que las canciones no suenan igual de bien pero de todos modos me ha encantado.
    Saludos

17. anon 04.Oct.04 at 11:35 pm

Just so you know, if you google “the greatest thing you will ever know…” this is the #1 result