Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

So I made a big change in the look of ol’ I Will Dare. I am on the fence about this new super clean look. I can’t tell if it’s lean and sophisticated or sterile and soulless. It’s thin line and that line might just be the navigation. So I ask you, darling ones, what do you think?

1. Lori 13.Sep.09 at 8:18 am

I’m all for sparse, but this is quite sparse.

2. Peabo 13.Sep.09 at 8:23 am

Well…I can read it from across the room, which is nice in its own way. I like it as a concept–but it’s not *you*. You’re not “lean and sophisticated”–you’re quirky and colorful and that’s what we all dig about you.
    This is all well and good for, like, the editor of Allure mag or, like, a med student, but it’s not…well…”daring.” And that’s sort of your trademark.

3. Natalie L. 13.Sep.09 at 8:35 am

I like it, but it does need a bit more color.

4. Wolfdogg 13.Sep.09 at 9:15 am

It’s really white… while your at it, how about a mobile formatted m.iwilldare.com?

5. bakiwop 13.Sep.09 at 9:49 am

i like it, the green dates and headers add the jodiesque pizazz it needs.

6. Jodi 13.Sep.09 at 9:53 am

Thank you all for your feedback. I think I might be falling in love with it, though maybe the nameplate/banner could use a little punch.

7. Dan 13.Sep.09 at 4:59 pm

I like it very much. Nice job.

8. tam 13.Sep.09 at 6:26 pm

I’m with Peabo — this isn’t “you”. I think this is very sterile and that’s fine… for someone else.

Then again, tastes change. If you had told me I’d ever do a pink design for my blog, I would have laughed at you. But I had one – a long time ago. And I liked it very much.

If this is what you want, run with it.

9. david 14.Sep.09 at 1:51 pm

I miss the pen and paper I Will Dare, the one I picked up at the brick and mortar general store.

Seriously, this is very bright, but also very readable.

(and damn that Wolfie fellow for reminding me about my abandoned mobile formatting project on my own blog).

10. Jodi 14.Sep.09 at 1:52 pm

Pen & Paper? Damn that’s old as hell.

There’s now a mobile version of I Will Dare & MN Reads. It was super easy a wordpress plugin and I was done.

11. Doug 14.Sep.09 at 11:48 pm

Change is nice.

About a month ago I spent the better part of a Sunday trying out different new templates for my site. Then at the end I showed the two finalists to the wife to see which one she liked better.

“I liked it how it was before.”

She was right. It wasn’t better, just different. So I put it back to its former glory. Which wasn’t so bad, but I wish it hadn’t taken so long to realize.

That said, do I like the new layout here on I Will Dare? Too early to say.

But the question is: Do YOU like it, Jodi?

12. Andy 18.Sep.09 at 6:09 pm

I doubt strongly that I’m one of your darling ones, since I stop in so infrequently, but I DO have an opinion. DAMN that’s BIG!!!

:-s