People need to get a grip

Dear Internet,

Thanks for being crazy insane and e-mailing all Sister #3’s friends with what I wrote in a fit of anger Saturday night/Sunday morning. I really appreciate it. Things have effectively gone from bad to worse than ever before thought possible by humans. And on top of it all now I feel like a horrible, judgmental jackass.

Love,
Jodi

1. Wendy 10.Mar.08 at 12:44 pm

holy fuck. nice work, a-holes.

2. Jodi 10.Mar.08 at 12:51 pm

AMEN! People are insane. I cannot believe that people who read an angry post by someone in a crazy situation would start e-mailing my Sister’s friends. Really? Why would someone do that? I don’t understand that at all.

Seriously why do people feel the need to start judging the behavior of a woman who has recently left an abusive husband?

God I love the big, fat crazy internet.

3. Peabo 10.Mar.08 at 5:31 pm

Well, obviously those people aren’t really friends of your sister, since absolutely nothing good could come of her reading what was a “venting” on your part. Shame on them. Shame on anyone who interferes with your family business. Hey, Internet: just because Jodi posts stuff on her blog doesn’t make it your personal business. Go mind your own families. And the next time you want to “help”, do it by keeping your nose out of situations where a) you don’t know the whole story and b) even if you DID know the full and complete story, no one asked for your opinion, help, assistance, or advice.

Sorry people are so dumb, friend.

4. Karen 10.Mar.08 at 5:52 pm

I think people forget sometimes how to be a good listener. I have no idea why they feel the need to try and ‘fix’ things, but they seemingly do.

When my unemployed sister and her unemployed boyfriend came to ‘visit’ for a couple of days and ended up staying 2 months in my one bedroom flat, they drove me MF stir crazy insane. I vented every single place that would let me. Doesn’t mean I loved her any less.

I hope things get better for you over there lady.

5. Lerren 10.Mar.08 at 5:57 pm

Oh, lord. Drama llamas need to get whacked.

6. phil 10.Mar.08 at 6:40 pm

people just seem to generally suck.thats my opinion

7. bakiwop 10.Mar.08 at 8:53 pm

bad internets! at the same time, your sister better figure out that you need to vent just like she does and take what you wrote in that vein.

– vote often, vote bakiwop

8. PeeWee 10.Mar.08 at 9:45 pm

Dude, that was clearly just venting. People suck.

9. Thomas 11.Mar.08 at 2:25 pm

Ugh… Way to show the world how safe it is to express yourself.

I guess we should all paint pretty pictures with fluffy bunnies lest our emotions get outed for no other reason that dickishness.

10. Holtz 11.Mar.08 at 2:28 pm

It wasn’t me!

11. Lerren 11.Mar.08 at 7:32 pm

Is it possible it was S3’s ex?

12. Jodi 11.Mar.08 at 7:34 pm

That’s a good idea, Lerren, but it wasn’t. I think it was some freakshow from her Mom’s message board who also reads iwilldare.com.