Holtz is busting my balls on the spelling of a made up word

So, you be the judge is Jay saying “noyg noyg noyg” or is he saying “noinch noinch noinch?”

1. wolfdogg 27.Jul.06 at 12:28 am

I have to be diplomatic here and say neither. I believe Jay’s phrase defies english phonetics and can only be approximated. Much like some native american and asian spoken languages.

But if you put a gun to my head, I would go with ‘Noyg’

…thats assuming jodi is the one holding the gun. I would pretty much agree with anyone holding a gun.

2. kelly 27.Jul.06 at 12:53 am

I’m going to offer my own suggestion of:

noingch

I listened with my ear right up to the speaker and everything, way too many times to admit to publically.

3. Thomas 27.Jul.06 at 7:15 am

It’s “noise” pronounced with that quirky “Joisey” accent.

I’m fully versed in Kevin Smith’s works, perhaps more than a human should be…

I even own the Degrassi The Next Generation episodes and “An Evening With Kevin Smith”. I’m hideous, turn away.

4. zook 27.Jul.06 at 8:05 am

I have to go with Jodi on this one – there is no “n” in there. It is a word we in the village call “the word that knows no spelling.” Personally, I think Jay is speaking in code and that the word really refers to an Australian man in Iowa.

Snoogins!

5. kelly 27.Jul.06 at 9:03 am

Either way, it’s a fabulous clip and I may start chanting it myself when I trot off to work again.

6. Holtz 27.Jul.06 at 11:30 pm

It’s “noinch” according to the official Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back screenplay, yes I’m that big of a Kevin Smith fanboy that I have it.

7. Lerren 28.Jul.06 at 1:14 am

J&SBSB – noich, noinch, something along those lines

Clerks II – Noyg. Definite “guh” sound at the end.