pud

so here i sit like a pud picking at my fingernails and listening to big head todd and the monsters (which is on deck today along with big star).

ya know, i still don’t even know what the hell pud means. when i was in 6th grade greg fryer told amy lee to stop being such a pud. then he poked me and laughed. i guess i laughed to because i wanted to be in on whatever the joke was. i didn’t have the balls to ask what a pud was.

also, besides being called a pud amy lee had the distinction of being the second girl in the 6th grade to wear a bra. i got to be the first.

1. james 16.Jan.02 at 5:08 pm

I think pud refers to dildo. At least, that’s been my understanding. Maybe i’m as lost as you.

2. jodi 16.Jan.02 at 9:21 pm

why a dildo?

3. paul 16.Jan.02 at 11:09 pm

i’ve heard of “fud pucker” before, the juvenilistic reversal of the first letters so as not to say anything bad. i guess that could refer to a dildo.

4. Edge 16.Jan.02 at 11:42 pm

pud = dick. guys are known to “pull their puds.”

5. betsy 17.Jan.02 at 11:53 am

I agree with Edge, I think it means dick, penis, as in “go pound your pud”, I wonder what’s its derivation is, if I find out, I’ll let you know. We had a lawsuit over a guy calling another guy a “putz”, which in Yiddish means dick. Like when you say “quit putzing around” which my father always said when I was procrastinating, little did he know, or maybe he did, that he was telling his young daughter to stop dicking around. P.S. since the name putz was an opinion, the guy got away with calling the other guy putz.

6. Ed 17.Jan.02 at 3:22 pm

5 entries found for pud.

PUD abbr.

planned unit development.

Pronunciation Key

Source: The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

pud \Pud\, n. Same as Pood.

Source: Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

pud \Pud\, n. The hand; the first. [Colloq.] –Lamb.

Source: Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

pud n : (British) the dessert course of a meal (`pud’ is used informally) [syn: pudding]

Source: WordNet 1.6, 1997 Princeton University

7. Virg 18.Jan.02 at 8:23 am

Pud is short for Pudenda or Pudendum – refering to the genitals. So I’m a geek when it comes to sex terms…

8. betsy 18.Jan.02 at 1:28 pm

Well, Virg, you can always break the ice at cocktail parties with a little info. I remember reading that the term “cunt”, came from the Greek and Latin word for “pig” which back when there were mother religions, meant they were sacred as Demeter’s fertility, they were uterine animals of land, close to motherhood. Then the patriarchal religions moved in, and labeled the pig as unclean and disgusting and the term became an insult. Who would have thought?