Dear Darling Ones,
I’m 95% sure I’m going to be upstairs in my bed by 10 p.m. I feel like I did a lot of things today and I’ve earned the state of exhaustion I’m feeling. But if I make a list I did not do that many things.
- Made delicious breakfast tacos after getting up at the crack of 10 a.m.
- Turned ten pounds of tomatoes into tomato sauce for tomorrow’s family dinner (lasagne)
- Went outside to take a picture of my tree and found the sewing machine Sister #2 & #4 order for my birthday (yes, my birthday is in June)
- Checked the mail to find my sadness records, a paycheck, a mortgage bill, and some Minnesota Pins
- Finished reading Monogamy by Sue Miller which is lovely and made me sad
- Made monster cookies for tomorrow’s family dinner (I’ve been planning on making monster cookies for so long the M&Ms were pastel-colored Easter ones)
- Sat down to eat dinner and watch High Fidelity
I barely even made time to lay on the couch and watch TikTok (I’m a little salty with TikTok because it seems like every bearded mediocre white dude who claims to like “thicc” women, BBWs, curvy girls, etc. has like 98,983 followers and all his videos are like “come cuddle with me” or “you’re beautiful and then he winks at the camera” and it’s making me develop a theory about how sitcoms featuring schlubby dudes and hot wives has ruined us.
Fuck I’m tired.