Defending my turf

It’s hard to walk into Supergenius HQ and not talk about books. Instead of art, I have books. Instead of a TV bigger than a postage stamp, I have books. Instead of a clean, clutter free space, I have some more books.

There are a lot of books and generally when people come over for the first time the conversation usually starts with books in some way.

This was no different with the TTHM who visited the HQ for the first time last night. Before he even had his coat off he was mumbling something about The Gargoyle and how he was waiting for his library to get it.

“Oh,” I said. “I loved it which means you’ll probably hate it.”
“But Christa liked it,” he said. “I love everything Christa reads.”

Then I punched him in the stomach. I don’t care if he is an old man, you don’t do that to me in my own home.

1. christa 02.Feb.09 at 4:58 pm

you should tell the old man to read “in the miso soup.” he won’t regret it.

2. Jodi 02.Feb.09 at 5:47 pm

I am sure he’s already read it. I told him he was lucky I liked you so much because if I had to listen to one more love letter about you and Chuck I was gonna shove guacamole in his eyes.

3. FFJ 03.Feb.09 at 11:05 am

Tell the TTHM he can have my copy.

4. the tthm 03.Feb.09 at 12:21 pm

fear not, Murakami is next on the list, right after the 12-year-old swedish vampire.

5. FFJ 04.Feb.09 at 1:38 pm

TTHM, are you talking about “Let Me In” (aka Let The Right One In) by John Ajvide Lindqvist? I heard the movie was great. I’m such a sucker for vampire novels. Get it, a sucker for….forget it. Let me know what you think of it!

6. the tthm 17.Feb.09 at 5:26 pm

FFJ,
    The movie is a beautiful thing for the cinematography alone. I mostly hate vampire novels since they never can seem to get it right, but now I’ve managed to convince myself to read McKinley’s Sunshine which will likely send me screaming and skirting away from the genre once again. But after that, I’d like to accept your offer for ‘in the miso soup’.