- I sent The Beast to the potential agent yesterday. It’s as good as I can make it right now. I had to stop obsessing over it and just get it out. My stomach churns with anxiety over whether or not she will like it, which doesn’t sound like an anti-bummer, but it is.
- Only 18 more days until the new Lydia Loveless record comes out.
- Speaking of records, on Saturday at Rock & Roll Bookclub, Wolfdogg was playing some Margaret Glaspy and I was going on about how it’s my favorite record from this summer. Heather, his wife, nodded at me and said, “I knew this one came from your influence.” Earlier that night, Atom made fun of Wolfdogg and I for knowing the exact year Liz Phair’s second album came out. Because we are nerds.
- My friend Kelly’s NEW book The Girl Who Drank the Moon was named an August Best Book of the Month by Amazon. I am super excited about this book because I recall Kelly telling the Black Sheep this story on a magical night in her backyard next to the creek and how we were all enthralled as she spoke and we ate orange creamsicles.
- Atomic Fireballs.
- Hummus. It’s been like 85% of my diet for the last month or so. Simply Balanced Spicy hummus and cucumbers are my jam, which is kind of nice, because I think I spent most of June and July living off bologna & American cheese sandwiches (gross, I know, but damn the stomach wants what the stomach wants and apparently my stomach wanted to be 12 again).
- Thursdays. Every Thursday BFK picks up our CSA share, BOGO Caribou iced coffees, and then hangs on my couch for hours while we vent about life and argue whose turn it is to throw away the kale or kohlrabi.
(Visited 103 times, 1 visits today)