I biffed a pretty important and unmissable deadline on Friday. It was for an art grant. I had the stupid thing nearly done and then forgot what day it was and goddamnit I’m still pissed at myself for fucking that up. Also, I sent out a client proposal a week ago and haven’t heard anything back and am convinced it’s because I asked for too much money and I’m pretty pissed about that too.
So yeah, we here at Supergenuis HQ have been a little bit in the muck and thus some Anti-Bummers are in order.
- As you can see by the picture above, me & Walter, the best dog in the world, were reunited and it felt so good.
- Walter also brought Sister #2, Jaycie, and Maxwell with him from Portland. The Tibbles and I are ecstatic. We get to keep Maxwell & Walter all summer! Sister #2 & Jaycie are only gonna be here for a month on either end of the summer, but we’ll take what we can get.
- There’s a stream of the Bully album “Feels Like” and it is thirty-one minutes and twenty-five seconds of spectacular.
- Last week I gave my nephew Liam an email address & taught him how to email. His face glows with delight whenever he checks his email, which has has to do 827 times a day. He thinks email makes him very grown up and important and I love ever second of it. He takes responding to email very seriously.
- Did I mention that 3 of my 4 favorite Portland humans are here for a month? God it makes my heart nearly full to bursting.
- My friend Carrie recently discovered the beauty that is Jason Isbell’s music. It’s so fun having a girlfriend who loves him as much as I do.
- Wednesday I get to have dinner with my other friend Kari (aka BFK) and Atom.
- The neighbor’s Japanese Lilac Trees have blossomed so it smells good in here all the time.
- Walter is here! Walter is here! Walter is here! Walter is here!