The 10 Best Combinations, according to me

This afternoon as I was shoving pretzels & M&Ms into my gaping maw I thought to myself, If someone put a gun to my head and said, “Choose peanut butter & banana bread or pretzels & M&Ms” I’d probably just tell them to pull the trigger.

These are the kinds of thoughts one has when they’re eating lunch at 3 p.m. and it consists of strawberries, pretzels, and M&Ms. While I could probably make a pretty convincing argument for why Pretzel M&Ms are the best of all M&Ms, there is something special about eating pretzels and plain M&Ms together. You get to choose the sweet to salty ratio with every bite. That’s some kind of magic, people.

Anyway as my blood sugar tried to level out my brain spun out trying to decide what my favorite combinations of all time would be. Barbecue Sauce & Pickles? Cheerios & Bananas? Chocolate & Peanut Butter?

So I present to you the ten best combinations of all time, in order, offered up without any explanation or justification because the rightness of this list is inarguable.

1. Gin & Tonic
  2. Peanut Butter & Banana Bread
  3. Macaroni & Cheese
  4. Chips & Guac
  5. Apples & Peanut Butter
  6. Green Peppers & Onions
  7. Pretzels & M&Ms
  8. Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly
  9. Cheese & Crackers
  10. Chocolate & Mint

1. Jodi 22.May.13 at 3:34 pm

That is a delicious combination, but gets booted down the list due to the cheese finger problem.

1. M-----l 22.May.13 at 3:45 pm

I don’t mean cheese popcorn. I mean thinly sliced cheese eaten with popcorn…preferably served with 7UP & orange juice.

1. Jodi 22.May.13 at 3:47 pm

I have never heard of such a thing. So do you like take a bit of cheese & then some popcorn and shove it in your mouth? Or do you place the popcorn on the cheese and take a bite? What kind of cheese? I might have to try this.

1. M-----l 22.May.13 at 5:09 pm

Take about an inch square of thinly sliced cheese and eat it with handful of popcorn. We used American cheese when I was a kid, but I suppose you could substitute another variety. I’ve always found that the key to the taste sensation is that the cheese has to be super thin. My mom used to annoy the heck out of the deli workers always sending the cheese back until they got it right. Maybe it could be thicker if you ate less cheese per bite. It’s really about getting the right proportion of cheese to popcorn, I guess.

2. Carrie Mesrobian (@CarrieMesrobian) 23.May.13 at 9:09 am

Okay, I agree with you abt all, tho I’m not a mac & cheese person and am iffy on grape jelly.

BUT. Have you ever had sliced peaches on peanut butter toast? UNBELIEVABLE.

3. JJ 24.May.13 at 9:29 am

I’m with you on everything except the G&T.