[circle_list]

• Saying “Ugh.Barf!” about everything that annoys me in any way.
  • The Amanda Palmer/$1.2 million on Kickstarter and yet mysteriously unable to pay musicians kerfuffle.
  • The first two ‘issues’ of Literary Tiger Beat featuring dreamy fictional teens both male & female.
  • The relationship between Mary Karr & David Foster Wallace which has a whiff of bullshit about, at least as it’s described in Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story. Something’s not adding up and I can’t quite figure out what it si yet. It might have to do with how DFW allegedly “punched out a car window” because of some drama in their relationship, and yet there was nothing about the horrible hand injuries he would incure if such an event actually happened.
  • Soup.
  • One-hit wonders of the mid-90s. Specifically, James’ “Laid” and “Standing Inside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand” by someone whose name I cannot remember

[/circle_list]

1. FS 19.Sep.12 at 10:13 pm

“Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand” was by Primitive Radio Gods.

1. Jodi - Site Author 20.Sep.12 at 10:40 am

I read that yesterday at the height of my obsession. There’s still something fishy about the romance. I can’t quite put my finger on it.

2. Nick 21.Sep.12 at 7:02 pm

Came for the PW download, stayed for the quality writing. Good stuff, keep up the good work.

1. Jodi - Site Author 21.Sep.12 at 8:08 pm

Thank you so much. I never tire of hearing “quality writing” when it comes to words that I wrote.

3. Suzy 21.Sep.12 at 7:34 pm

I love laid. Whenever it pops up in my shuffle, it makes me smile. I don’t get too much about Mary Karr (or Zadie Smith – her ad just ran across the link to the article on DT Max, which reminded me). I did the obsessive read on Amanda Palmer yesterday too.

1. Jodi - Site Author 21.Sep.12 at 7:36 pm

I just want to give you a ‘hell yeah’ with Zadie Smith. I was so unimpressed with White Teeth that I have dismissed her ever since. I’ve only read Karr’s Liar’s Club, and don’t remember a thing about it.

4. Timo 22.Sep.12 at 4:20 pm

Thank for the Paul song. Shared it via iink on my Facebook. Cheers!
    Timo in Sweden.

5. Bonny Holder 23.Sep.12 at 8:55 am

You must pick up Rodney Crowell’s “Kin.” He co-wrote all the songs with Mary Karr, who is an absolute hoot, by the way.