Last week or the week before my friend Christa pointed out that Jem was on Netflix streaming. She philosophized that since my birthday was nearing Netflix was seeing to it that all my favorite TV shows were being added to the service.

I joked that next they’d add “A Different World” next and release “Dawson’s Creek” on my actual birthday. Christa was also lobbying for deleted Tim Riggins’ shower scenes.

So imagine my surprise as I crankily trolled through Netflix looking for something that would hold my very grouchy attention (someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today) when I discovered DAWSON’S CREEK STREAMING ON NETFLIX!

I very nearly pooped my pants and then promptly wrote on Christa’s Facebook wall in all caps and exclamation points.

Now as I type, I’m watching the Junior Prom episode (#9 on the 10 Best Episodes of Dawson’s Creek list) and pondering new things to ask the universe for. Netflix, you got 12 days to deliver on those Tim Riggins shower scenes lest you ruin everything.

1. Rebecca Schinsky 25.May.12 at 6:35 pm

I just discovered that this week, too, and I am totally going to watch all 128 episodes, in order, this summer. And maybe track the best literary references so I can tell myself it’s “work-related” ???

1. Jodi - Site Author 25.May.12 at 6:37 pm

You should totally do that! The episodes where she meets AJ while touring campus before she hooks up with Pacey are filled with lit stuff. . . she even goes to see Louisa May Alcott’s papers or something.

I’ve re-watched up to the middle of senior year so far this spring. I plan to finish now that it’s streaming. The DVD boxset I bought a few years ago is so shitty it’s hard to watch.

2. Lana Baker 25.May.12 at 6:37 pm

I love Pacey and Joey! Might be worth paying for Netflix again to get to watch Dawson’s Creek again.

1. Jodi - Site Author 25.May.12 at 6:41 pm

Lana if you were really, really dedicated and gave up sleeping and showering, I bet you could knock all six season in a month. Totally worth $8!

3. Doug 25.May.12 at 10:53 pm

That looks like that guy from Fringe…

1. Jodi - Site Author 26.May.12 at 8:04 am

It is the guy from Fringe. Is that show any good? I’ve never watched it.

4. Laurie 31.May.12 at 11:21 pm

so you and Christa have me watching them in order! Up to Season 2 episode 21. What stands out in my now more adult perspective is how freaking horrible all the adults are. HORRIBLE. And that Pacey is still completely and totally awesome.

1. Jodi - Site Author 01.Jun.12 at 6:10 am

I think I would probably throw down for Bessie. She’s got a tough row to hoe and Joey’s kind of a brat about most everything with a real martyr complex. However, everyone else? Awful. Though Grams does come around.

1. laurie 01.Jun.12 at 2:35 pm

I guess I don’t really think of Bessie as an adult but I guess she is. Duh. Grams is coming around and Pacey’s Dad just had his “I’m sorry” moment. What the heck happened to Bodie? I feel like he just disappeared.

1. Jodi - Site Author 01.Jun.12 at 2:37 pm

Bodie disappears and comes back and disappears and comes back quite a few times.

Just last week I was telling Christa how Grams is the most dynamic character on the show because she grows and changes the most. Pacey’s Dad, however, is kind of a prick all the time, even if he does say sorry occasionally.